The Colours Of Your Eyes;Cake (part 1)

As eight year old Luke watched the scene in front of him, he could feel his eyes turn red from pure anger. His fathers fist collided with his mom's cheek, the blond woman stumbling back from the sudden pain.

"Luke, go to your room, please." His mom begged him as she turned to look at Luke, before she got pulled inside his parents bedroom. Luke could hear the silent sobs coming from his mom after the lock on the door clicked shut.

The small blonde just stood there, not moving at all as he heard screams and cries coming from the room he hasn't entered since three years. He slowly turns around, running of to his own room, and shutting the door. It was normal, really. The fights, the screaming, the yelling, the punching and the crying. It was daily business.

Luke prepared himself for taking care of his mom for the rest of the night as his eyes turned grey looking at all the bandages and liquids he had, just to lessen the pain for his mom.

Luke's eyes were barely a different colour than grey, he usually was sad. Luke walks up to his mirror, pulling his shirt up just to be able to see the big purple bruise his dad left on him the other day. He slowly poked into it with his long, thin finger and yelped slightly at the pain. He quickly shut his mouth though, not wanting to upset his dad.

As the hours went by, Luke listened to music, traced the lines of pen ink his soulmate had drawn on himself, it making him calm knowing that his soulmate was alive and breathing, and was treated the right way, hopefully.

Luke hoped his soulmate wouldn't worry to much about the bruises that adorned his body, he hoped his soulmate would cherish him like he or she was supposed to do.

As Luke heard the lock from his parents' room unlock, he stood up and put out his music. He heard his dad stumble down the stairs, and a few seconds later he heard the front door close. A wave of relief took over Luke's body, as his eyes turned white for a moment, before turning back to grey as he heard his mom whimper.

''Mommy!'' Luke yelled as he rushed out of his room, running to his mom. As he entered the room, he saw a complete chaos took place in the room. The bed wasn't made, the glass vase with the rose Luke gave his mom laid broken on the ground, and there was blood on the white carpet.

''Mommy!'' He screamed, once again trying to find his mom. As he heard her whimper again, he took a step further into the room. An arm shot up from under the bed, and Luke yelped. ''Shh, Lukey.. It's just me, alright.'' His mom's words were calming, and Luke was more than happy that his mom survived a beating, yet again.

Luke was wrong, so so wrong.

As he dropped to his knees, looking under the bed, he knew where the blood was coming from. Dark red, thick liquid came out of his mom stomach, and before Luke knew it, he stood up and ran to the phone.

''Nine Nine One, what's the emergency?'' Luke's eyes were wide, a light yellow colour visible in them as he tried to come up with the correct words.

''It's my mom! Sh-She i-is b-b-b-bleeding.'' His voice was hysterically high as he spoke into the phone, hoping the woman would understand what he said through his sobs.

''Please tell me your address and we will be right there okay?'' The woman's voice was calm and sweet as Luke started to hyperventilate. ''Crimson street six.. please hurry.'' Luke's sobs were heart breaking as he watched the blood from his mom paint the white carpet.

''Please hurry!'' He screamed into the phone, making the woman on the other side gasp. ''It's going to be fine, buddy. We are almost there. Stay on the phone with me alright, had your mom lost a lot of blood?''

The woman's question took a while to progress into action as Luke took a quick glance at his mom. ''Y-yes, she's closing her eyes! Ple-Ple-Please h-hurry! I can't lose her!'' Just as Luke screamed that, the front door crashed open, and for a moment Luke was scared it would be his dad.

''Hello! We're here!'' Luke sighed in relief as he stood up to run towards the hall. ''Upstairs!''

-

At the age of six, they started randomly appearing on Calum's skin. The purple bruises and black eyes came out of nowhere. When Calum had first seen them, he ran to his mom, crying his eyes out.

''What is happening, mommy!?'' He had screamed in her face, holding up his arm to show the bruises that just had appeared out of nowhere.

''Oh no, this is bad cally..'' His mom had said, holding his crying son tight against her chest.

At the age of eight, they started getting worst. Around the month of November in 2004, the bruises got so bad Calum had to stay home for three days, just because he couldn't walk. Calum didn't think about his own pain, though. All he could think about was his soulmate, how much this must hurt him.

Calum's eyes were permanently grey from that point. They would change, but every single colour would have a grey tint in it. Just a full on grey spot, or grey speckles. The grey was always there, no matter how hard the maori boy tried to hide it, everyone knew he was sad.

''You can't do anything right, can you?!'' Luke flinched as his dad came closer, his fist clenched together as he swung it forward, colliding with Luke's stomach. ''You couldn't even save your mom seven years ago.'' His dad whispered into his ear as he kicked him in the knees, making the blonde groan and fall over.

''You shouldn't have stabbed her in the first place!'' He screamed back. Luke immediately regretted his decision as he saw his dad turn even darker red with pure anger. Luke couldn't fight back as his dad pushed him against the wall, his large hands closing around the blonde boy's neck.

''Mom!'' Calum yelled out as he fell to the ground, nearly hitting his head against his desk as he clutched his neck. ''What's wrong Cally?'' Her eyes were bright yellow as she ran into her son's room.

''I-I c-cant-t b-b-reath.'' He tried to say, it coming out more like a whisper as tears started to brim his eyes. His soulmate was either getting killed or hurt very bad, Calum found himself hoping that he wasn't going to get killed.

''Mali!'' Calum's mom yelled in pure horror as she pulled her son's hand away from his neck, hoping it would help him with breathing.

I split this into two parts so I can update an one shot.. im writing a very long one so hang in there, it may get uploaded tomorrow I don't know

Ily x