The Forest and My Father

I sighed as I felt the warmth of the sun against my back and smiled.

I turned around and was greeted by a cold spot of emptiness next to me.

Suddenly I sat up and looked around.

Where is Daniel?

Why do you care?

I heard a shuffling noise coming from the other side of the room behind the door.

The door opened and in came Daniel with a smile, two cups of coffee and a bag of what seemed like chocolate chip cookies.

He was still in his boxers.

I blushed as I remembered last night.

"Good morning, sleep well? I made you some coffee" he asked me softly.

I wanted to say that I slept well because I was in his arms through the whole night.

Why don't want say it? Is it because your scared? Oh poor Johanna.

I shook my head to get rid of that unsympathetic irritating voice.

"You didn't sleep well." Daniel said as his smile faded.

He misunderstood me when I shook my head.

"No. No, I slept very well thank you. I was just thinking about something. What about you?"

"I slept like I was in heaven" he said blushing a bit as he turned slightly away from me to open the pack of cookies.

I don't know why, but I blushed as well. "what were you thinking about?"

"Oh um. ..."

Think Johanna think, wait... jip that's brilliant!

"I was thinking about asking your father for permission to go outside with you today. You know...like a early birthday gift."

he shook his head side ways

"he won't let me go out now, only on my birthday."

I stood up after drinking my coffee and eating some cookies, brushing past him as I said with a lot of confidence, teasing him a little.

"You never know. I can be very persuasive."

------------------------------------------
We were now sitting around the table while his father was on the far end looking at us intently.

"Hmm... so you want to go explore the woods?" he asked suspiciously.

"Yes sir, I think that we'll be bonding mutch more and getting to know each other better" I said confidently with a wide smile.

He thought it over for a second until he nodded in agreement.

"Very well, but only for five hours. Nothing more. If I catch both of you trying to escape, there will be consequences, and I can gearentee you that it will be very painful."

I felt Daniel shiver a bit at his father's last words and I just nodded as I said.

"we understand sir, that won't happen, I can gearentee you that"

he smiled

"Alright off you go then but only five hours." he said as we stood up

"yes sir" me and Daniel said in unison.

-------------------------------------------------
We were now standing in front of the large steel doors that opens up into the freshly forest air.