Part Two: The Academy

Andi's p.o.v.

"Whoa! This place is so cool." I said as Mac and I walked into the doors of the academy.

"Hello, welcome to W.I.T.S Academy I'm Cameron." A man said.

"I'm Mac and this is Andi." Mac told him.

"So you two are the human guardians in training?" He said. "Well if you go to the wits tech booth they will activate your phone so you can text friends and family outside the realm. & your room number and schedule will be on there."

We nod and walk to where he was pointing. "This place is so awesome!" I said.

Mac and I walked separate ways to get to our dorm room. As soon as I walk in my room my roommate smiled and waved at me.

"I'm Kim. You must be Andi." She said to me.

"Yeah. I guess we're roommates." I say.

Agamemnon's face showed up on the tv screen in our room and started talking, "Welcome to wits academy.-"

"Aggie?! Ugh what is he doing here?! I-" I said.

"Andi. It's a two-way monitor." Kim said cutting me off.

Agamemnon started talking again, "yes it is Miss Cruz, so careful. Now as I was saying, I am your headmaster, Agamemnon. Guardians, on your phones there will be a schedule time for you to meet in my office to meet your wits. Please arrive on time and prepared." He said and he was off the screen.

Mac's p.o.v.

"Mac right? I'm Luke, your roommate. You're the human guardian in training right?" My roommate said.

I nod and Luke continues to talk, "I'm training to be the guardian to the chosen one, carry on my family legacy."

"Wait you are training to be the chosen one's guardian? My friend Andi is too. She is the chosen one's best friend."

"Well it will be one heck of a fight. And I guess if you are friends with the chosen one I guess you also know my aunt, Lily, former chosen one's guardian, new council member." He said.

"Lily is your aunt? She really helped us with keeping Emma out of trouble." I say.

"So who are trying to be a guardian for? There has to be someone." Luke says.

"Actually yeah. The chosen friend, Vivian."

"Vivian huh? She's actually a close friend of mine, we practically grew up together. We actually still keep in touch sometimes. Why her?" He asked.

"She's my girlfriend." I say.

"You're girlfriend? No way. She barely even looks at guys that way, you must be something special."

"Wait are you saying I'm her first boyfriend? I didn't know that." I told him.

"Her and I both grew up in the realm and she never looked at guys in that way. Then not too long ago she moved to the human world I guess she actually found someone she likes there." He says.

"She never told me any of this." I say, "I don't think she told anyone this. She never even mentioned you. How often do you talk to her?"

"Few times a week, not everyday really." He says. "So. Tell me, how did you convince her to let you leave? And I'm surprised she didn't come back to live here inside the realm."

"Well she's there with Emma and Jax. But I think it's weird for her, I mean she's surrounded by a couple in love and her boyfriend is in a different world." I tell him. "But it was hard leaving her, you know? I was so upset but Viv, well it looked like a part of her was going a different way."

"So what are you going to if you don't get the top of the charts and be her guardian?"

"I.... Don't know. I'd still want to be a guardian, but if it isn't someone in Miami then I'm not going to accept it. I'm not going to be away from her longer than I should. Once I graduate this place, I'm not going to be away from her."

"Yeah I get it. But does she even need a guardian? She's a strong girl and can handle her powers." Luke said.

"She actually told me she didn't need one. But I wanted to be a guardian and I promised her I'd try to work hard to be her guardian." I said to him.

"So you really love her?" He asked me.

"More than anything."

"Well like I said, she's my best friend. But you seem like a pretty decent guy, so I guess I can trust you with her." He said. "But if you do ever hurt her, you won't see her ever again, or anyone else."

"Got it." I said and laughed a little.