Chapter 7

FAWN

Two hours, and plenty of sweets later, Talia and Trent were busy arguing about their glory days in college. Unsurprisingly, they couldn't seem to decide who did it better.

Sarah giggled, "well, sorry Trent, but Fawn showed me a recording of a production you did and I have to be honest... It wasn't great. "

"Sara is right, though; your acting sucked," Talia told Trent, laughing.

"Don't insult me, you ruined the whole thing," he fired back.

"Why don't you go and- And..." Talia stood there, fired up and thinking of a comeback.

"Nothing to say?" Trent scoffed, "that's a first-"

"Go SUCK ON SOME ASS!" My sister shouted, "HA!" She was about to get in Trent's face when Sara and Jason came to hold her back.

"I think someone's had a little too much cake," Jason said, smiling. 

"Let me go, man," Talia ordered, attempting to shake her husband off as he was still holding onto her.

"I think it's time we went home to the kids. Congrats again, Tess," he said, calming Tali down and heading towards the door. 

"I'll leave, too. I've accomplished what I came for," Sarah came up to where I was and gave me a hug, "bye. Hope you had fun."

I hugged her back and smiled, "I did, thanks! See you soon."

She smiled and waved as she left with Talia and Jason. I heard the door close and laughed, "that was quite the baby shower." Trent smiled, nodding. He brought his chair closer to mine and cuddled up next to me, "all for you, babe."

"Thank you, again, for the gifts. I know you're not crazy about the possibility of Ami being in our lives," I told him as I reached up to caress his cheek.

Trent leaned into the touch, and his hand went over mine gently. He turned his head, placing a soft kiss on my palm, my eyes never leaving his.

He leaned into me, his eyes closing slowly as his face got closer to mine. Seconds later, my eyes went to his lips, which were still separate from mine. I could feel his breath tickle me, we were so close. I used the hand on his cheek to break the distance, and I relished in the feeling of his teeth grazing and gently tugging at my bottom lip.

Trent then made quick work to start undoing my bra hooks, one by one, while teasing the skin on my back as well. As soon as he'd gotten the last hook out, the sound of Ami fussing came through the baby monitor.

"I- I should check on Ami," I said softly, putting my hands on his chest. He sighed, breathless, but sent me a smile still. 

"I can wait, if you want. I don't mind," Trent offered.

I stopped on my way to the room, and turned to accept the suggestion, "that's fi-"

Ami started wailing, passionately. I groaned inwardly, now more unsure. Him staying definitely seemed like a nice way to spend the rest of my night, and it had been a little while since he had stayed over. But Ami's cries were started to sound like she did this professionally, and I wasn't sure how long it would take to calm her down.

"I... I'd love to say yes, but I don't think she's gonna stop for a while. Another time?"

He nodded, still smiling, "Yeah, for sure." He gave me another kiss, then went towards the door. I went with him, just to be polite. 

"See you tomorrow, beautiful," he said, giving me what I would think was the last kiss.

I smiled, "good night." As soon as he left, I closed the door. The feeling of his lips was still left on mine, and I could feel myself getting excited again.

He really would've hit the spot..

"Get a hold of yourself!" I mentally kicked myself, returning my mind to earth from Dirtopia. I went into my room, checking on Ami. She was still asleep, so I decided to take the opportunity and enjoy some of the food aka sweets they brought.

Well, make some milk for Ami before that. Just in case.

******

"Yes, I'd like to know if there's some sort of substitute for breast milk?" I asked the secretary at Dr.Wilder's office. She looked at me like I was making some sort of joke, then opened her mouth to speak.

"For-"

"I mean, something that's a proper replacement for breast milk. You know, all those nutrients?"

She smiled, "adoption?"

I nodded, "yeah, I just want her to have the best, you know?" I looked at Ami, who was sleeping in the stroller next to my standing figure.

"Well, you seem to be doing a great job so far. I think you should ask the doctor once you go in there." She then leaned in and whispered, "personally, I would suggest donor milk if you can access it. My sister wasn't able to breastfeed, so that's what she did."

"Interesting..." I replied.

"If not, just a high quality formula. But, trust me, breast is best," she smiled again. Just then, her computer made the sound of a notification, "Dr. Wilder is ready to see you now."

"Thank you," I thanked her. I actually considered her advice as I pushed the stroller towards his office. As I came closer to his office, I saw a young woman, probably my age, blushing outside of his door. She left with a large smile on her face. 

"Hi! Cute baby," she exclaimed as she passed me.

"Thank you," I replied, looking at her.

I walked into Kevin's office, which was easy since he was holding the door open for me, and I smiled, "Thank you."

He closed the door behind himself, "you say that often, huh?"

"And you know this... How?"

"I heard you in the hall with Pat just now."

I nodded, slowly, "I see..." I sat down on one of the chairs in his office.

"So! What brings you back so soon?" He asked.

I looked at him, "it's been three days. That's long enough."

"Right..."

"Plus, with juggling Ami and work, Monday at 5:00 pm was the only free time I had to come and see you."

"What exactly have you come to see me for?"

I laughed, "are most doctors as rude as you?"

"Ouch," he laughed, touching his heart. "Icy."

"I wanted advice on... You know..." I lifted my hand, gesturing toward my chest. He looked at my 'bosoms' for a while longer than he should have. I cleared my throat, getting his attention. He looked up as though he'd been caught in the cookie jar.

"I didn't say you could open the cookie jar, did I?" I asked, teasingly. 

His face turned bright red, "right. Sorry. Um, you're referring to breast feeding?"

I nodded, grinning. I didn't expect him to get so flustered. I was just joking. Well, maybe I was the only one that was. Joking, I mean.

"Yeah. I need an alternative. So, I was thinking of a donor and formula. What do you think I should do?" I asked him.

He turned in his desk chair, grabbed some colourful papers off a stand, and turned to face me. 

"Let's talk about that."

*********

HEY!!

It's been TOO LONG since I've last updated this story. I'm not gonna say much, but be sure to check out my other stories. Vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Fawn is funny, right?!

Ta Ta!

HanaMay