Chapter 17

(a pic of Trent above)

FAWN

"You can put your stuff in the closet," I tell Trent as I take off my shoes and walk into my condo, tossing my bag onto a nearby chair.

"Coffee or tea," I asked him.

"Coffee, thanks..." He responds, looking around. He'd been here before, but I guess he'd been too busy trying to leave and get things over with, he hadn't really taken things in.

I make my way into the kitchen, scooping some ground coffee beans into the filter.

"I've changed a few things recently. Wanted it to feel more like home for Ami."

"Hm," he hums. "How's that going, by the way? The adoption and all."

"I actually got the papers right before I bumped into you. It's going extremely well," I reply, pleasantly surprised he was even asking.

Last I checked, he couldn't even be bothered to help assemble a crib. Well, a couple of questions don't prove he necessarily cares.

'I don't know if I can be with someone who doesn't care about my baby,'  I think to myself.

I flip the switch on the coffee machine, then turn to Trent.

I'm about to ask how things are going with work, when he grabs my hand.

"Look, I..." he looks at the ground, seemingly trying to find the right words.

"I don't not like kids or anything. I mean- I like kids. Um... I want to get to know Ami. If- If that's okay?"

My lips curve into a smile, "Yeah, sure. She's wonderful, you'll love her."

The sound of the coffee brewing catches my attention, and I turn around to check its progress. After seeing that it's not even halfway full, I look at Trent, "I'm not sure how much longer it'll be. But, I can give you a little condo tour in the meantime."

He extends an arm out, smiling, "lead the way."

I nod formally, then walk out into the living room, "so, I got rid of my glass coffee table. Ami isn't able to crawl just yet, but it was making me nervous being there. I mean, better safe than sorry."

"Right."

"And, I added a soft rug, but one that doesn't shed and isn't too light. I also got softer sofas, minus the hard wood... Oh! There are also..." I walk over to the photos hanging up on the wall in modern frames, "these 'family' photos."

Grabbing one off of the wall, I smile down at it as I hand the frame to Trent. He gives each picture some attention, a warm smile on his face.

"It's just the two of us right now, but I feel so much more fulfilled as a mother. Ami gives my life meaning, more meaning... Anyway, I wanted to capture as many memories as I could."

Trent gives the frame back to me, and I hang it up on the wall once again.

"What's our next stop?" He asks.

"Um... My office." Sliding past him, I lead the way down the small hallway and into a spacious room at the very end. My eyes pan the room quickly, double checking that it's presentable. 

Trent's eyes meet mine soon after, and I nod in the direction of my office, "after you."

He steps into the lit room, humming in approval. "Very nice."

I know, right? 

"Thanks," my reply is simple, not exposing the fact that I already think very highly of my decorative taste. Everything is pleasing to the eye, my white iMac sits on the pale pink, north desk of my office. The black, Windows PC on the west wall. Two different machines for different purposes. 

Pink, leather desk chairs are in front of both desks, and signed mouse pads sit underneath each of their complimented accessories. The walls are, as opposed to being colored, decorated with abstract art pieces from my favourite modern creators.

All of my old, and new, writing and editing equipment add an interesting feel to the room. The sun beaming in through the blinds, adding light to the plush gold rug, makes the atmosphere look even more... Exquisite.

"I did the most, I'll admit," my hands go up in surrender, "but, it's my space. I don't have to worry about anyone else's thoughts on it. This is one of those places I can do me, in my absolute form.

Trent's eyes sparkle mischievously, as he comes closer to me, "so, you get naked in here?"

Although I know he's teasing me, my eyes dart to the ground as my face heats up,"No! I-" my breath hitches in my throat as our eyes lock, his arms encircling my waist.

He smirks, his eyes appearing darker each second I gaze into them.

"You what?"

The feeling of his hands snaking their way under my blouse sends pleasant shivers all over my body, and my hands grip his strong arms. He dips his head down, kissing down the line of my neck and to my exposed shoulders. His lips give my each inch of my skin as much attention as possible, while my hands find their way to his soft hair.

The hands that were once on my waist make their way to my backside, giving it a playful squeeze, which makes me gasp.

Trent stops the kissing, caressing, and just stares down at me. My mouth opens to protest, but I stop, not sure what I'm planning to say. "Why'd you stop?"

The logical part of me is more curious as to why he started.

But, the hands that stay on me, so still, make me want so much more. I want them all over my body, want his lips exploring undiscovered territory and making their mark. It's frustrating that we're just standing here, looking at each other.

I bite down on my lip, trying to keep myself from saying something stupid. Trent's eyes go to my mouth, and his own parts slightly. 

His voice is reduced to a low, seductive whisper. He takes my chin in his hand, lifting my face up to meet his, as he brings his lips centimeters away from mine, "what are you waiting for?"

A whimper escapes my lips as I look at his, and he captures my mouth in a possessive kiss. I moan in pleasure, relishing in the rough feel of his stubble rubbing against my soft skin. His arms pull my body into his, as close as we can possibly get. So close, I can feel something hard touch the base of my abdomen.

I break away from him, taking in sharp breaths, but he takes hold of my lips once again. Trent pulls at my bottom lip playfully, making me cry out in pleasure as he pushes me toward the wall.

In one swift move, my legs are around his hips, and my back is up against the wall. His kisses are rough and desperate, and I get louder as he grinds himself on my womanhood.

"Trent,"  I gasp, barely able to keep my eyes open as he trails kisses along my collarbone.

"I want you, Fawn," he growls, his intense gaze making me feel like the only girl in the world.

"Trent," I moan, kissing him again.

*********