Chapter 13.5|RUDE!

FAWN

"And then he dropped me off at my place, and..." I trail off, smiling down at the ground mid-sentence. Just thinking about my secret date with Kevin made me warm all over. I know it's typical to be like this when you barely know someone, like the honeymoon phase or something.

But he's, like, perfect!

"What, Fawn, what?!" Talia snaps, near the edge of giving up on my story. 

"He kissed me-"

"OH! MY!" Talia launches herself backwards out of the bean bag chair she's sitting on, proceeding to roll on the floor. All the while, her hands stay on her cheeks as she freaks out.

"on the cheek!" I smile, shaking my head as though the memory can be forced from my brain.

The both of us jump up and down in excitement like small children, miraculously avoiding any destruction to my apartment. I stop jumping with her, then start to dance around my living room singing, "he kissed me, he kissed me."

I dance around in circles, expecting to see my sister jumping as I face her once again. But, as I turn and look at her, she's not smiling, she's laughing.

"Fawn!"

I stop my movements and shrug, "what's so funny?"

"The man kissed you on the cheek, Fawn," she told me, as a matter of fact.

"Yeah, and?"

Talia scoffed in disbelief, looking up to the sky, "he might as well have shook your hand, for God's sake!"

Shaking my head, I cross my arms over my chest and look at Talia, "that's so mean."

"Well," she says, picking up her purse and straightening herself out, "it's the truth. I have to go pick up the kids."

I walk her to the door, smiling, "I'll see you later."

"See ya," she gives me a kiss on each cheek, then walks out saying, "he might as well be your sister!"

"Rude!"

******