Chapter 11

FAWN

Trent and I followed behind me as I unlocked my door, feeling relief and exhaustion once as we stepped into my condo. We'd just come back from my cousin Madeleine's wedding, which was amazing. It definitely gave me a lot of ideas for what to do on my big day, and how much effort it was gonna take to make it happen. I wasn't planning on coming back so late, as it was already past midnight, and I was so glad to have Ami at my mom's.

My parents had left the wedding earlier, and I had them pick up Ami from my place to stay with them for the night, which would give the nanny a break.

And give me some privacy.

I felt the strong need to take off my shoes and just run to bed, but I still had things to do before bed.

"That was a nice wedding, wasn't it?" I asked Trent as we got into my place, taking off our shoes. He nodded, smiling, "you have a nice family."

"I thought you already knew that," I told him.

Rolling his eyes, he took off his coat, "the rest of your family. Cousins, aunts and uncles... They're all great."

I walked over to the kitchen counter, turning on the electric kettle, "I see you hit if off with Robert."

"Great minds think alike!" He called from the living room.

"Of course," I responded.

I reached into my purse, pulling out my cell to dial my mom. The likelihood of her picking up was low, though, and I didn't want to wake her.

Just then, my phone vibrated in my grasp. I looked down at it, seeing that it was an unknown number. I opted to put it down on the counter in order to decide whether to answer or not. But, Trent would hear it and start asking questions. I swiped my thumb across the bottom of the screen.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Fawn-Tessa?" A man on the other line asked.

"This is she... May I know who's calling?"

"It's Kevin Wilder."

My mouth froze open, my heart pounding in my chest. He was the last person I was expecting to call me, and at this time of night on a Saturday!

I took a deep breath, leaning on the kitchen counter in an attempt to be casual.

'He can't see you!' I thought to myself, rolling my eyes at my unease. I reached out, touching the kettle on accident, causing a yelp to escape from me.

"Ow!" I said, loud enough for Trent and Kevin to hear.

"Are you okay?" They both asked at the same time.

Sighing, I laughed, "I'm fine! I just-." I sighed again, then whispered to Kevin with a smile, "what's up?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to have coffee tomorrow? I mean, unless your boyfriend doesn't want you to be out..."

"No," I replied, my cheeks started to tingle, "I'd love to."

******

"Fawn!" Liv exclaimed, gaping at me as I told her about my 'date' today.

We'd just finished a small Sunday Service at her parents' place, combined with a mini family Sunday. It gave us the opportunity to talk and sip some tea while the men and our moms helped with the kids. They had their own little ones years ago, us, so they loved the nostalgia of caring for babies again. Once in a while.

"Stop! Don't make me feel guilty," I laughed.

She shrugged, stirring her tea for no reason whatsoever, "what's there to feel guilty about? Not like you're in love with this guy, anyway."