Chapter 8

"This calls for the big guns!" Liz exclaims and I am clueless as I come out of the shower.

Soon Alanis Morisette is playing on the computer as she knows that she is my favourite and my smile is wider than the sky. Ironic is playing and we start singing along although the quality of the sound is bad but we simply don't care. I need this...I need to pull myself together.

Liz has already picked out my black mini dress from the wardrobe and is arranging the makeup on the dresser. She is having too much fun with this and of course I am letting her.

"So I'm wearing this?" I raise my brow questioningly.

"Yeah...no need to argue baby...this and the black pumps and we should break the black a bit with silver jewellery and that sparkly clutch you have.

"You've got it all figured out then?" I ask not really expecting an answer as it is obvious she has.

"It's like rain...on your wedding day...it's a free ride when you've already paid" she nods not wanting to interrupt her singing.

"So what are you wearing, silly?" I ask her and she just wiggles her eyebrows.

"Black jumpsuit with the open back" she finally replies and I know she is going in for the kill.

"Poor boy...he doesn't stand a chance, right?"

"Not a chonce" she mimics his accent and I burst into laughter.

Hair is done in waves and Liz is so concentrated on doing my make up ...it's ridiculous how much effort she puts into it.

"Don't move damn it!" she shouts at me.

"I can't help it" I giggle and her face is scolding me I swear.

"What?" I know I am annoying her but this is just...

"Ashley...you are going out on a date with a hot guy..."

"boy" I correct her but she won't have it.

"Guy" she insists. " Actually, one of the sexiest people on this planet.."

"Oh Lord ..." I mock her.

"You can laugh all you want but the truth is the truth. Soooooo...feel appreciative of your friend who is busting her ass to make you look your hottest" she stops and looks at me straight in the eyes her thumb lifting my chin.

"You better leave your inhibitions aside and just ...just ...I don't know have a little fun?"

"OK" I say in a whisper not because I mean it but because I don't want to disappoint her.

" Done" she says in a few minutes while Oughta Know is on and I look in the mirror and instead of the usual sporty, plain Jane, I see a different version of me, hotter maybe as Liz would put it.

"You are welcome.." she says from behind me happy with her work.

"Thank you Liz...for this for everything" I say and look back in the mirror.

"Stop staring at your hot ass and help me get ready" she said walking towards the wardrobe taking her jumpsuit out.

"I'll do your hair..." and giggles erupt in the room

Twenty minutes later we are ready and singing loudly to Crazy when suddenly I see my phone signaling I received a text from Harry.

H: I'm outside

All flushed and embarrassed at the same time I point the door to Liz and mouth Harry at her and she finally stops singing. I open the door and Harry is smiling at us.