Chapter 9

"You have a daughter...really?" his voice is almost shaky and I enjoy that I took him by surprise.

"Yeah ...I do, she is back home. She has studying..." I say and smirk as I watch him trying to figure out what to say. I haven't been gone on a date since Jason but I have talked to various men who have shown interest either from the university or from projects like this and the reaction to Anzette was always the same...shaky voice and an attitude of "how the fuck can I get the hell out of here" so most of the times I throw it in the conversation to get it over with sooner. But not this time...it just came up but that doesn't mean I will not have fun with it. Waching Harry lose it a bit is quite the sight. He sits back straighter in his chair and places his large palms on his lap.

"Oh..really? How old is she?" and there it is.

"Oh ...about your age?" I am having so much fun with this.

"Do you think she would mind if I ask her mom out again? Would I have to ask her permission?" he says leaning forward looking straight into my eyes examining my every reaction my every breath and I feel the heat rising up from my toes travelling up my whole body like fucking electricity. So you want to play boy hm? Son of a bitch he is provoking me...

"Yeah it would be lovely to meet her I think ...you would have so much in common...you could discuss video games and music taste..." I reply.

Harry's original shock has certainly subsided and he is acting all cool again. He scoots closer to me and leans in as if to tell me a secret.

"I don't give a fuck if you have a daughter who is my age which I know it is a lie, you couldn't possibly...I can read you babe like a book, but even if you had a dozen, I'd still..." he whispers and then he stops like my breathing has stopped too.

"You'd still what?" I ask trying to sound confident but failing terribly as his musk reaches my nostrils once more intoxicating me.

His fingers touch my face ...barely and for the first time in so long I can feel something stirring in the pit of my stomach...something weird but beautiful.

"Well I guess you'll find out" he moves back to his original place and I realize that I have just lost this set but not the match.

"Anzette is thirteen. She is in middle school..." I clear my throat and inform him in an attempt to get myself together and I can see that he is grinning relishing the fact that he has affected me in a most unexpected way. Damn him and his boyish charm and his scent and his manners and his hair and ...and ...I don't know. I need to keep it together for a while more and then I'm never going out with him again.

"Thirteen ha? ...my age?...you Like to play Ashley...but guess what ...I'll win" he is so sure of himself it's infuriating and so sexy but this is all so wrong.

"Yeah I was just joking...actually it's time to go Harry...big day tomorrow!" I wave for the waiter for the bill.

"No! It's early ...Niall and Elizabeth just texted saying that they are waiting for us for drinks. I promise I will behave" he pouts as he looks at his phone and I can't seem to find the strength to refuse, besides Liz will be there, what can possibly go wrong? Oh dear Lord...have mercy.

"By the way if you think for a minute that you are paying I am dropping the project ...just saying...don't you dare insult me like that" he says as I move to open my clutch for my credit card when the waiter approaches with the bill.

"OK ...but the drinks are on me" I say stunned by his words and he nods.

He quickly pays and when we are about to get out of the restaurant he boldly reaches for my hand entwining our fingers and I am taken off guard. I don't know what to do to be honest.