Chapter 28

The air felt a tiny bit warmer on my face that afternoon. The brown yellow leaves hanging from the tall trees seemed a little brighter and the sky although slightly greyish looked alive. Maybe it was the fact that our plan had worked. Our little charade was actually enough to scare the rich prick away. Maybe it was the fact that we had Noah on video blackmailing us or the fact that he would no longer pose a threat but maybe it was also the fact that I was heading to meet Harry at Niall's place. I think it was all of the above with the latter being the dominant factor for my cheeriness.

Finding myself outside of Niall's door, at the moment, I fix my hair, check my clothes and the feeling is indescribable. I take a big breath and knock on the door. It's like going to an interview for a job you know you won't get, mixed with the feeling of meeting someone from the past you haven't seen for a while but miss like crazy. I know it doesn't make sense but to me it does. Knowing Harry is here for me, only for a while until he flies back to his responsibilities, like a blessing and a curse.

"Hey, you're early!"

"I guess I walked faster," I answer truthfully as I take him in. He is all a huge smile. I can't see beyond that. His smile is captivating and draws you in. Casts a spell on you.

"That's great! Come in, love," he welcomes me with a kiss on the cheek which makes me blush like a schoolgirl and I all but giggle.

We agreed to meet in neutral ground and Niall was kind enough to offer his place for us. I hadn't seen him since we agreed on our plan.

"Did he hand in his work?" Harry asks as we make ourselves comfortable in the living room.

"He did," I reassure him. "He handed in the minute he left from here. It wasn't about that, Harry, it was a power game to him," I clarify again.

"Was it any good?" he smiles.

"Haven't read it. Gave him a D-,"I joke.

"That's my girl! Love it when you are all spiteful and petty," he says, and my heart almost jumps out of my chest. My girl. My mind goes back to a time when this was all I was called from Jason. My girl.

"We need to talk."

"Would you like something to drink?" the last three words are almost a whisper after my big declaration.

"No, thank you."

"Do you think I might need something to drink? You said we need to talk," he attempts to lighten the mood.

"Harry..."

He moves further into the living room where a large, wooden bar takes up two-thirds of the left side. He takes a glass and after observing the bottles hidden around, he takes a brand I have never seen before and pours the dark liquid filling half of it.

"Harry," I repeat.

He takes a long gulp and sits on the table near him.

"Shoot," he smiles but it doesn't reach his eyes like it usually does.

"First," I say and he interrupts.

"So there's a list," he adds and gestures for me to sit down. He is making it very difficult for me to continue but we both know that I have to.

"First," I pause and look him straight in the eyes to communicate the depth of my words.

"First, I would like to thank you for dropping everything..."

"No need to thank me," he shakes his head and steps in.

"Please let me finish Harry, otherwise I won't be able to get through with this," I say feeling my eyes well up but restraining myself from becoming a drama queen in the first five minutes of our much-needed conversation.