Chapter 25

I have never been the one to read the gossip section of a newspaper but the huge headlines catch my attention. It's difficult not to read when his name appears everywhere you look.

Harry Styles moving to a different direction

Despite the cliche title I instantly find myself swallowing the article in a gulp. Harry Styles to act in a Christopher Nolan film. Dunkirk. Soldier.

My heart swells with pride as I am absolutely sure he will do great. He is such a talented person. He oozes charisma and he has this aura. Niall has it too but not as much as Harry.

Let's not forget his acting skills in general. For a moment there he did convince me that he actually cared. He will do brilliantly, no doubt about that.

When I meet Niall and Elizabeth for lunch a month later I hesitate but in the end, I give in and ask about him. I ask if it is what he had expected. I play it down as it is merely a normal question regarding an acquaintance when we all know it is far from it.

"He is beat, Ash," he says and immediately I gasp not even realizing it at first.

"He is mentally and physically exhausted. The film requires a lot from him. He is trying to keep up with everyone else. He likes the whole concept and he finds it fascinating working with Nolan but it is a challenge," he admits taking a bite turning to Liz lovingly. I envy what they have. This comfort, this understanding between them. They don't have to try. It's there and even though they are not in a serious relationship they are both happy. I want that, too.

The days go by uneventful, boring even and the only highlight I get from them are smart comments from my daughter who is growing up to be a cheeky lady. I watch her, admire her as she is changing from caterpillar to butterfly and although she is still cocooned with love and tenderness she is making her small attempts to fly. And that she will. Soon. Sooner than I'd like, my own mother says.

"OK, ladies and gentlemen. I guess that's it for today. Write down the exam date on your pads or just put it on your phones," I smile as I gather my stuff from my desk in the lecture room. "The last assignment is due on the 20th as we have already mentioned a million times and should you need to see me, please call Monet, my assistant, for an appointment," I conclude as Coopers approaches me with a smirk.

"What can I do for you Mr Coopers?" I stand straight crossing my arms over my chest defensively. I don't usually judge people without knowing them but this kid is getting to me.

"Nothing Mrs Cameron. Just came to tell you how much I enjoyed today's lecture. You were breathtaking and passionate," he stresses making me uncomfortable but I hold my foot and appear unaffected.

"Thank you, Mr Coopers. I hope you write an equally breathtaking and passionate assignment for me due on the 20th," I reply in a professional tone moving back to gather my things. He nods and turns to go on his way leaving me puzzled but the truth is he'd always been weird around me. Cocky and pompous, obviously spoiled. Rebecca had complained about him a number of times. She told me that he wasn't doing his share of work for the team and she was worried that they would all suffer from it. He was attracted to her, I could tell but she wasn't giving in to him. Had I realized sooner, I wouldn't put them in the same team. I had a talk with him back then but he just kept quiet smirking at me the whole time like a jerk. Thank goodness the end of the semester was coming to an end.

Back in the office, I had a pile of documents to go through. I had to work on the anti-bullying campaign and find new celebrities willing to contribute. Chris Martin was thrilled to participate and I had to see how to fit that into my schedule. I had papers to grade and Anzee had finals coming up. Well, you could say I had my plate full but I welcomed the distraction. Harry did not occupy my mind twenty-four seven. I didn't have time for that but as soon as the day's tasks were over and done with, he appeared. It was like a switch. The minutes I had to myself to sit down and unwind he came out of his hiding place and kept me company. I missed him. I missed him to the point that it scared me to see the sun go down because it meant I would be thinking of him again and that meant missing him.