Chapter 15

"Are you serious right now?" he looks at me with absolute disbelief as soon as he finds the courage to talk again.

"Isn't she like thirteen?" his words are dipped in irony and I don't like his tone.

"So?"

"So...not to sound cocky but there are hundreds of teenage girls who have a crush on me ... she is just a kid. She will get over it!" he sounds annoyed and disappointed with my excuse but that is because he doesn't know, he hasn't heard her and he is not a parent. The look on my face probably betrays me as he goes on to explain.

"You may think that I am an inconsiderate ass who doesn't give shit about your kid but that's not the case at all. It's just that I know that she will see me a couple of times, fangirl a little bit and then she will be bored to death...she is just a teenager, they are all enthusiastic and then when the next singer appears they forget about whatever it was they were so passionate about."

"You don't know, you haven't heard her talk about you Harry.I had no idea she felt that way. Had I known I would have never..."

"What? Slept with me? Fucked me?" he is being a jerk right now and I hate it. I shake my head; it wasn't like that for me. If I wanted sex I wouldn't have waited five years for it. There have always been suitors but not anyone worth my while and to take all these chances with this 21 year-old man was too much even for me.

"What? Is that all it was to you?" his voice reveals the hurt and I won't have him think that.

"No, Harry. I don't know what it was because you have to admit it was pretty fast, we hadn't known each other for a week ...ten days before we...,but it was certainly not for the sex although with the danger of boosting your ego even more, that was amazing too" I say and look down on the floor trying to avoid his gaze, his beautiful sparkling eyes that are so damn captivating it's crazy.

"Ashley...I know it was great" he admits coming closer putting his finger under my chin slowly forcing me to look at him, to surrender "It was great because it was with you" he continues and I can feel my tears welling up.

"You say all this perfect things Harry" I move a bit back trying to compose myself "but you just don't want to face the truth" I say in a broken voice.

"This is exhausting" he sighs once again. "Really it is!" he looks spent. "What is the truth Ashley?" he asks exasperatedly.

"It's simple really" he says while his fingers rub his forehead and temple, I can see how this is wearing him out..."I like you, you like me but you don't want to. I crave you, I think you crave me too, but you don't want to" I listen to his words and I just can't believe how well he gets me and then he continues..."You finally gave into me and we had an amazing time together but now you regret it because your daughter is apparently in love with me...your thirteen year old who doesn't know shit about love..but I guess it's pretty convenient, isn't it?"

"Wha...what do you mean...convenient?" I say furrowing my eyebrows not able to comprehend where he is going with this.

"It's clear that this gives you what you wanted...the chance to hide again Ashley, the chance to run away...but I won't come begging for you anymore" he states letting me know that he has had enough of my bullshit.

"I guess by being here I have made my intentions clear. I am interested ...but I guess you already knew that so the ball is in your court...We still have promotional campaign stuff...the release of the video and the couple of speeches left. One in Brussels I reckon and one here in London" his voice is steady and he seems so damn determined. The only thing I can do is just stare and wait for his next painful words. I am so caught off guard that I just don't have a comeback for him. He looks so sexy and hot there telling me all this ... I am unable to register everything that he says. Maybe I don't want to because if I do it would mean that he is done chasing after me. He is done playing hide and seek. He is just done.