Chapter 10

Rewinding the events of the previous night in my head as I am lying in my hotel room I feel not only embarrassed for being so careless and unprofessional but also naïve. I had never really been approached by someone so young or so incredibly beautiful before and I hadn't cared to make myself desirable but I realized that last night I wanted Harry to want me and I actually found myself having fun with him and that was seriously scary. Since Jason, Anzie kept me busy and so did my work. In a sense I always thought that if I ever gave in to someone's flirting and really enjoy it I was somehow cheating on J. It was like I had forgotten all about him. As a psychologist I knew that was bollocks but as a person that was a different story.

Anzette needed her mom to play the part of both parents so there wasn't much choice I guess but now Anzie was growing up. Is it time to move on? Is it time for me to let go of the past? Absolutely not! Especially with someone so young and elusive. Yes, his age is an issue...he is way too young although he is more mature than your typical twenty something boy. Moreover Liz told me he is considered one of the hottest people alive, and not wrongly so...imagine how many women he's been with and how many are waiting in line. God all this thinking is giving me a headache. I can't start something for the first time after so many years especially with him. He is young and carefree and he could have whomever he wanted...I am not one to be played with and I couldn't just use him so that I have a good time, could I? God I need Sher to guide me through this.

"Are you awake?" Liz turns to my side, her eyes still closed.

"Yeap"

"We missed breakfast..." she comments and I grab my mobile phone to check the time.

"Yeap" I repeat and rub my temples, my head hurting.

"You need to go get some decent coffee, Ash" she adds getting more comfortable in her bed.

"Why me?" I inquire and she opens her eyes giving me the weirdest look.

"Because you fucking owe me" she snarls.

"You ruined my chances with Ni cause you couldn't just fu...sleep with the sexiest man alive who happened to offer himself to you...poor thing I feel so sorry for you, and you wanted to leave before I had a chance with Ni" she mocks.

"Liz come on ...you say that every time we meet someone ...you said the exact same thing when we met Leo...and did I really ruin your chances...I saw you snog him right before I asked you to leave" I say exasperated.

"Exactly...who knows where I would have woken up today Ash, but here I am next to you" she scolds me and turns to the other side.

"Sorry I spoiled your evening..." I snap and get up looking for some Nurofen pills to soothe my headache.

"Mocha latte no sugar, organic, decaf, soya milk not regular... and hurry please" she commands and I groan.

"That's not coffee, that's ...that's an order for a wedding dress...it's that detailed, Jesus I need to write it down" I complain as I finally find the pills and down them with some water and look for a pen to actually write her order down.

"Say yes to the dress! Love you Ash but as much as I love you I would have loved it even more if I woke up with Ni between my thighs getting me off...so shut up and get me my latte"

"...which isn't actually a latte...but whatever" I complete and she slowly turns her head to face me and I just shut it before she gets really angry.

"...and something to eat, preferably croissants...thanks" oh she is scary.

"Fine" I give up and put on a pair of denim shorts and a t-shirt before I go to the bathroom to get ready for the day that awaits me and boy is it going to be a long day!"