Chapter 21

Thank you for your patience. I had some tough time with writer's block. Also I have been pretty busy. Shutting up now. This goes to Jax430 for being absolutely wonderful.
*************************************

I don't even remember how we got to the crowded pub. I was so preoccupied with who would be here that I honestly don't recall how we got here. My brain shut down completely to my surroundings focusing on other things. I just call to mind that I talked with Anzette on the phone arranging for her to spend the night at my mom's so that I would be able to enjoy my night out with my friends and my students although "enjoy" is not the verb I'd use precisely to describe the situation.

Elizabeth can sense my anxiety and the moment we reach the dark brown wooden entrance she turns to me and gives me her most reassuring smile.

"Let's go celebrate beating Peter's ass! AGAIN! You deserve this. Stop overthinking," she says and pushes the door open as we are immediately bombarded by the sound of an electric guitar coming from the small DJ box.

"Just be you and you'll be fine," she says loudly, trying to be heard over the music grinning, guiding me to where my students are. I am instantly washed by a wave of gratitude for her presence in my life. One could only dream of having such friends, loyal and committed to you through your ups and downs not giving up on you when you have done that on more occasions that you can count.

We push almost to the middle of the venue as I recognize some faces from the university whereabouts, clearly students of the faculty but soon I hear familiar voices calling my name.

"Mrs Cameron, you Rock!" someone shouts.

"Mrs Cameron, here I saved you a spot," someone else yells.

I am surrounded by my class and I am so happy to see them so excited, welcoming me, accepting me as one of their own. There is such great pleasure in knowing that your students not only tolerate you but look up to you as well. I keep hugging everyone and patting their backs, shaking hands and congratulating them once again. The music almost covers the sound of my voice but I manage to deliver my praises successfully in the end.

Smith and Jones hand me a beer and cheer me on while Liz finds her place at the bar next to Niall who keeps staring at me with a goofy grin on his face.

I take a sip from the beer bottle and delicately avoid Rebecca and Sam who want to drag me to the dancefloor.

"Oh, God! It's chaos in here! Is it always this crowded?" I ask Ni and Liz when I finally manage to escape the madness.

"It's Friday night Ashley. It's always packed on Friday nights," Elizabeth informs me as my eyes travel the sea of faces around me until they get a glimpse of him a few tables further from the bar and my heart misses a beat. He notices me looking and keeps staring back. He is holding a heavy glass probably filled with whiskey and brings it to his lips, his eyes not leaving mine.

"Go say hi," Niall urges me.

"Is..." my voice fades as I finally acknowledge there are other people around me. For a brief second, it was as if everyone else disappeared but me and him.

"His mom is here, somewhere and she is dying to meet you," he continues obviously amused at my discomfort.

"There she is!" he says pointing at a woman with long black hair nearing Harry's table. They look so much alike. If someone challenged me I wouldn't make a mistake in finding who Harry's mom was in that crowd. Their resemblance is unmistakable.

"She must have gone to the loo."

"Go, go!" he repeats.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go now," I say before I down more than half of my bottle. Liquid courage they call it very wisely.