Chapter 24

Calling Liz appears a very difficult task since my hands are almost shaking. I wanted to call her since I realised Harry left but I didn't want to burden her with my problems that early in the morning but as soon as it turned ten I couldn't wait any more.

"Hello?" she replies on the third ring.

"He-he left Liz," I say my eyes welling up.

"Who left? Anzee?" she asks worriedly.

"Harry. He left this morning. He didn't say goodbye, his phone is switched off," I say hoping she understands since she was the one who gave him directions the previous night. I don't want to have to explain but I'm afraid I might have to.

I hear shuffling something and then I can hear her more clearly.

"No, go back to sleep baby, I will take this in the living room," she says to Niall probably and I am so jealous of their laid back relationship. Why can't we have that? Because of me, that's why!

"Wait a minute, Ash, stay on the line," she tells me and I start pacing my bedroom. She walks to the living room before she speaks again. I am already hyperventilating and I start breathing techniques to calm myself. I need to stop acting like a child and get it together.

"Sweetie, let me get this straight," I hear her saying in a soft tone.

"Harry asked me for your address last night. He said he wanted to apologise for his mother's behaviour. He seemed pretty upset and I felt sorry for him. Tell me I haven't made a mistake by giving it to him," she says with a hint of guilt.

"Ashley, sweetie, are you listening to me?"

"Yeah, I am," I manage to whisper.

"Did he come over?"

"Yes."

"Did you talk? Did he apologise?" se is being very careful, talks slowly so that I follow her, so that I don't flip out.

"Yes."

"Did anything else happen?"

"Yes."

"Sweetie, you're going to have to give me more than one-word answers if you want me to help. What happened?" she asks apprehensively.

"We talked and we-we slept together," I finally tell her completely overwhelmed as I confess exactly what occurred the previous night and what it meant for me to open up to Harry.

"And he left? Did you have a fight?"

"No, we didn't."

"Was the sex bad?"

"Liiiiiz," I whine.

"What, I'd walk if the sex was bad," she tries to reason with me.

"It was wonderful," I tell her as my tears finally drop.

"OK. What did he say when he left?"

"He said nothing. I didn't see him. He left while I was sleeping," I inform her and she huffs.

"How many times did you call him?"

"Twice."

"Shit Ashley!" she startles me.

"Wha-what did I do?"

"He might have gone to see his mom. He left her and came after you. He might have gone to his house to avoid your daughter and then fell asleep. Give the guy a chance!" she nearly yells at me.

"You think so?"

"It's ten past ten, sweetie. It's way too early to make assumptions. Let me take a shower, wake up properly and I'll call you back, OK?" she reassures me but the feeling I have in my gut won't let me rest.