Chapter 28 Part 1

Hey guys!  

Finally my Internet is working! I can finally post this! Hopefully you guys like it! Please comment and vote! Sorry it's so short!

Dimitri's POV

As soon as the grand finale began I froze. The model walked out confidently wearing Alexa's sneak peak dress for her Spring Wedding Collection. She looked strangely familiar despite wearing the mask. Her brown eyes glowed as she catwalked reaching the end. She posed pouting her lips. I could see she was trying to hide her smile. She failed smiling as she turned around again. Her hips swaying just like Mel-. No, I shook my head. It can't be,now I was hallucinating. I sniffed the air trying to catch a familiar scent but all I could smell was Isabella's overwhelming perfume that did not smell good. I could practically taste it on my tongue. I focused my attention on the model again. This time she walked back with Alexa and the other model. Everyone got up to clap. Isabella and I joined. The man that was sitting in front of us got up on stage and gave Alexa a hug. Must be her brother I thought. He gave Alexa a bouquet a flowers then proceeded to give the model a bouquet as well. They must have been an item or something for she whispered something in his ear which quickly turned into them walking into the backstage area.  

"Dimitri! We must talk to Alexa! I want her to make my dress!"  

"Your dress? For what?" 

"For our wedding silly. You didn't think we were having this baby out of wedlock did you?"  

I froze. It had only been a month since Melanie's abandonment, an she expected me to marry her?  

"We'll talk about it later." I simply said.  

She did her famous pout irritating me like usual, "Come, let's head back to the hotel."

Melanie's POV

"Did you see him?!" I practically yelled once we were backstage.  

"Who?" Jake asked. 

"Dimitri and Isabella! They were sitting behind you!" 

"They were?"  

"Yes! Do you think they know it's me?" I exclaimed pacing back me forth.  

"Melanie calm down. If Dimitri had known you were here I don't think he would have brought Isabella."  

I bit my lip. He had a point.  

He soothed my frustration rubbing my arms in a calming way.  

"Thanks," I said after a moment hugging him. "I forgot to say thank you for the flowers, and I missed you." 

"You're welcome, and I missed you too." He said kissing my forehead.  

* * * 

"So how are you?" He asked as he drove me home in his rented car.  

"Fine."  

"Really, you're 'fine'?" He gave me a skeptical look.  

"'I'm not having the greatest time of my life, but it's close," I said holding my belly.  

"Alexa told me you had some news to tell me." 

I gulped. "She did?" 

"Yup, so spill it," he commanded as he rounded a corner before parking alongside the curb outside my apartment.  

"Ok, just don't get mad." 

He raised an eyebrow. 

I bit my lip then blurted out, "I'm pregnant!" As fast as I could.  

"You're-?" He sat there before realization sank then punched the steering wheel causing it to honk making people that were walking down the sidewalk turn to stare.  

"Jake-" Before I could say anything else he got out of the car slamming the door shut.  

I was scared. I had never seen Jake mad. I hesitated before getting out and stood next to him as he leaned against the car with his head against the top, 

"Jake," I whispered lightly touching his arm.  

He sighed before turning around and pulling me into a hug.  

"I'm sorry I overreacted. It just makes me so mad how he did this to you and now you're pregnant."  

I sighed as well grabbing his arm.  

"Come inside, so we can talk."  

"Fine, but just for a while. I have to meet up with Alexa later." 

"Oh come on, it'll only be a few minutes." 

"Ok, but just for a moment." 

That moment turned into two hours as we were catching up on each others lives. He stated he had given up on dating ever since the incident with Sarah or what ever her name was.  

"You'll find that girl one day Jake. I just hope she doesn't break your heart." 

"Nah, I don't think I'll ever find her." 

"You wanna bet?"  

"Whatcha gonna bet sweetheart," he said with his country accent. Oh how I missed that accent. Hearing French accents everyday made me miss it even more. 

I cocked my head to the side pursing my lips. "Hmmmm..."  

"When you find a girl I approve of you get to be the godfather of my baby. If you don't then I...hmm I can't think of anything."  

"I can think of something. I don't think I'll ever find her, so I have an idea." 

"What is it?"  

"Marry me."