Chapter 10

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait! This week was just full of drama, ranting, school, and stress, so I didn't have anytime to write. But to make up for the long wait here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Chapter 10

Melanie's POV

As we walked down the stairs the guests threw rose petals in the air. Dimitri suddenly surprised me and carried me bridal style the rest of the way. I guess so it would've had a romantic feel. I actually liked having my hands around his neck even though I was still pissed at him. I would have kept drinking, but he stopped me. Which was probably a good idea. As we reached the car he turned around with me still his arms. I looked at the guests one last time, Elena giving me a bitchy look, as well as Isabella giving me a jealous stare. I looked back at Dimitri and knew what he was thinking. I nodded showing my approval. He leaned in, and I took his face in my hands like Caroline had done with Matteo and kissed him. It was a sweet kiss not too long and not too short. I was grateful he didn't expect anything passionate. The guests cheered and waved as we drove off. Back in the car I looked in the rear view mirror viewing my house for the last time. I would miss my family, my friends, and ...I had almost forgotten! My mom! I wouldn't be able to see her anymore. How could I not have realized this?! I hadn't had the chance to say my farewell. The realization hit me like a punch in the face. Tears poured out for like the tenth time today. I tucked my legs under my chin and sobbed silently not wanting Dimitri to notice I was crying...again. But of course he noticed and immediately asked, "What's wrong Melanie?"

I couldn't take it anymore. I basically blew up in his face. "What's wrong?! How can you ask me what's wrong?! You know exactly what's wrong!"

"This whole situation?"

"Yes, this whole situation! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my mom! How do you think I feel!? Happy because I'm going to who knows where with a stranger who's probably only thinking about having sex?!"

"Melanie, what are you talking about?"

"I'm sure you're going to force me to have sex with you," my voice had lowered quite a bit as I looked out the window not wanting to meet his gaze.

"Of course not. I would never do that to you."

"How can I trust you when our whole marriage has started off on lies? Which leads me to what else haven't you told me about our "marriage"?"

Dimitri pondered for a moment thinking about what was in the contract. After a while he finally answered, "Well, besides not seeing your loved ones you'll have to accompany me to several business trips, parties, meetings with the Mafia familes, etc. We basically act like the normal married couple, so nobody suspects anything."

"I have to acconpany you everywhere?! That's so stupid!"

He sighed, "It's how it works Melanie." I couldn't believe it. I sat in my seat atonished at all the news. This just pissed me off even more. I crossed my arms and stared out the window. After several minutes of silence he stated, "Back to what you were saying before. I'm not gonna force you to have sex with me. That's the least thing I worry about. I'm not gonna pressure you into anything you don't wanna do. I'm not that kind of guy." I laughed. I gave me a sidelong glance before looking back to the road.

Dimitri's POV

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Your statement. You're 'not that kind of guy'. That's hard to believe from what everyone at the party was saying. According to everyone you're the player that sleeps with every girl."

"Do you think I'm player?"

"Well...there is Isabella and Elena."

"What about them?"