Chapter 6

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait I've been too stressed out with school still am, but I intend to keep my promise and post a new chapter today! The dress winner is #2! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

XOXO Gossip Girl lol jk love the show though!

Vanesa

Chapter 6: The Big Day

Melanie POV

Everything was ready...except for me. The days had passed by quickly. It felt like the summer vacations that go by so fast and it's the first day of school again. But it wasn't. It was the day I would be married to a stranger, but it was worth it. I sat in front of my mirror as the make-up artist and hairstylist finished the last touches. My hair was in a bun made of barrel curls (will post pic on next chapter) with a small tiara made of crystal flowers and pearls and of course the veil was placed under my bun. It was a beautiful two-tiered tulle fingertip veil with hand-beaded embroidered lace trim. 

Makayla, my best friend, walked in carrying a large white box. Probably my dress. My make-up and hair was finished, so Makayla and I were left alone.

"I can't believe this is happening!" she repeated for like the tenth time today. 

"I always thought you'd get married with---"

"Don't even say his name. I don't want to talk about him...especially today."

"Ok,ok  I was just saying."

"I know, here help me with the dress."

"OMG! I almost forgot! The mysterious surprise wedding dress!" The curiousity was also burning inside of me. Many nights I had dreamed of the dress either Dimitri making it the ugliest thing and somedays the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Now it was the moment of truth. I quickly walked over to my bed and opened the box. Inside was a letter.

Dear Melanie,

Under this letter is the perfect wedding dress for the perfect bride. Which I hope is you. Hope you like it. See you at the alter.

Dimitri

"He sounds hot," Makayla said.

"How can he sound hot?"

"I don't know."

"Well let's just hope he is," I said taking the dress out of the box. It was even more beautiful than in my dreams. Makayla was just as amazed as I was. It was a strapless tulle and lace mermaid gown with a sweetheart neckline. It was hand-beaded lace jewels with metallic thread running down the right side of the dress. It had an accordion pleated skirt with a chapel length train. After gawking at it for 10 minutes Makayla helped me put it on. It fit like Cinderella's shoe. 

"You look gorgeous Mel!" she squealed as I looked at myself in my in my bathroom mirror. Yesterday they had installed three mirrors joined together like the ones in bridal stores in my bathroom with a platform to stand on. 

"It's perfect," I sighed.

"It doesn't sound like it's perfect," Giovanni walked into my bathroom with my bouquet. It had white roses and lillies along with some baby's breath. It was too big or too small. Makayla left knowing Gio wanted to talk to me. He set the bouquet on the counter and helped me get down from the platform that was in front of the mirrors. I thought he would just offer me his hand, instead he got me in a bear hug and twirled me around. 

"Gio!" I laughed "Quit it! Put me down!" 

Finally I was put down. I checked myself in the mirror to make sure he hadn't messed me up. 

"Don't worry. You still look beautiful," He assured me.

"Thanks. You look pretty hot yourself."

"You think so?"

"Didn't you see the way Makayla checked you out?"

"So she was looking this way."

"Hey, don't get so full of yourself." I said fixing his red tie which matched his deadly black suit and hankerchief. 

"Well I think it's about time we head out there," he said glancing at his watch. My heart sank and I began to feel nervous.

"Hey you ok?" he asked taking my face in his hands.

"Yeah, just a little nervous."

"Don't worry you'll do fine. Just be yourself. I know the other day I said he was a poor excuse of a guy, but maybe you can fix that. Maybe you can change him."

"What--" I was about to ask him what he meant by changing him, but Makayla had knocked on the door and peered her head in. 

"Sorry,I didn't mean to intterupt, but it's time." 

We walked back into my room. I looked out the window. The sun was setting. We had decided to have the ceremony as the sun was setting and have the reception just as it was getting dark. Thank God it was only a civil marriage and not by the church. Gio touched my arm bringing me back to reality. 

"Come on let's go." he said handing me my bouquet. "Shall we madam?" He asked Makayla in his sweet voice offering her his arm. She glanced at me before blushing and saying "Sure," linking her arm with his. Maybe Gio could finally open his eyes and see Makayla's giant crush she had had on him since freshman year in highschool. Gio with his dark looks. I always told him how he looked exactly like Carlos from Big Time Rush. He always laughed and said he was 10 times better than that kid. I personally thought he was very attractive. Makayla on the other hand hand long blonde ringlets and sky blue eyes. She never bragged about her looks and I admired her for that. After they walked down the grand staircase I followed. My dad met me at the bottom. 

"You look just like your mother," he smiled with a twinkle in his eye.

"Thanks Dad."

"Before we head out there I want to give you something." He pulled out a golden necklace with the Virgen of Guadalupe my favorite saint. 
"It was your mothers. She said the day you got married she would inherit it to you, and today's the day. She would have been so happy to see you on your wedding day." He put it on me and kissed my forehead. There was a huge lump in my throat, and I tried really hard to blink back the tears.

"Ok let's head on out there," I weakly smiled and linked my arm through his. Our butlers opened the door leading to our backyard and we walked out to the Canon in D.

Dimitri POV

The wooden doors opened and out stepped Melanie with Leonardo. The guests stood up and gawked at her presence. I admired the dress fit perfectly, but was more awestruck by her beauty. She had dark olive skin with chocolate brown hair, and I was almost positive she had chocolate eyes as well, but she looked the down the whole time. She walked down the aisle probably absorbing her last steps of freedom. She finally arrived at the altar Leonardo giving me her small hand. 

"Take care of her," was all he said as he took his place in the front row. Melanie's heart fluttered rapidly as I raised the veil over her head revealing her beautiful face. She watched me with catious eyes observing me for the first time. Her eyes were sad and even through all the make up I could tell she had not slept in a long time. I kissed her smooth hand. A pang of guilt flowed through me as I nodded towards the judge ready to proceed with the ceremony. All throught the ceremony I could feel her strong heartbeat as I held her hand. We exchanged vows and signed the wedding papers and the contract. Finally after the judge shook our hands he said the words I had been waiting for all evening 

"You may now kiss the bride."