Chapter 2

*Leonardo Giomatti's POV*

I shut my phone after hearing Mel's meek but happy "thanks". She was happy I had remembered her special day. Picturing her smile made me smile. She wasn't my little girl anymore, but I knew she'd always be my little girl. I absentmindedly grabbed the photo frame that had a picture of Mel and Giovanni with my wife Lucia. This picture was taken last year as our family portrait last year. I sighed. It was four months since Lucia was gone, and life was difficult without her. These four months had been hell. Everyday I struggled getting out of bed not seeing her sleep next to me like an angel, but then again she hardly slept in. Before I'd wake up she'd be in the kitchen. I even imagined her brewing my favorite coffee. I'd walk I into the kitchen, and Melanie not Lucia would be making breakfast. Melanie tried to tak her mother's place, but it just wasn't the same. My eyes started watering at the same time my intercom/phone beeped.

"Sir, Mr. Dimitri Giordano is here to see you."

"Thanks Ava, please send him in." I dabbed my eyes with my silk handkerchief before he entered.

"Mr.Giomatti, it's nice seeing you," Dimitri said with a smirk as he firmly shook my hand and sat down across from me.

"I agree, to what do I owe this visit?" I asked.

"A couple months ago my father came to visit you for your wife's funeral. You bought land from him, but never paid him. You said your "business wasn't going well, so you couldn't pay with all the things going in your life. We gave you five months and--"

" The five months aren't over yet," I interrupted. "Look I still don't have the money. Can we make another negotiation? Anything... I can give you part of my land or even a share of my 'business.'"

"Giomatti, you want land from us. Why would we want business from you if it's not doing well?"

" How much time will you give me?" I asked as a drop of sweat rolled down my neck.

"Your time us up Giomatti. We're giving you until the first of December midnight."

"What if I give you something in exchange?" He sat still for a while with his hands clasped together.

"Go on," he said with a hint of curiosity.

"I-I'll arrange a marriage."

"An arranged marriage?"

"Yes, you can marry my daughter Melanie. She just turned 18 today. She's an adult."

"That means she doesn't have to marry me. She's an adult she can make her own decisions."

"What about this," I proposed. " You give me 'till the first of December to pay this off if I don't you can marry my daughter."

"Why would I want to marry your daughter?" he challenged.

"She's what I treasure the most. Taking her would kill me, so you wouldn't have to get your hands dirty. He thought it then finally stood up.

"It's a deal," he confirmed shaking my sweaty hand. "One month or I'll make sure to take everything you love in this world away from you." And that was it. He walked away with smirk on his face feeling overconfident.

*Melanie's POV*

I stepped out of my silver Lamborghini. I know I'm spoiled, but come on I had to drive in fashion. I handed the keys to Ricky. (His name was really Ricardo, but we'd technically grown up together.)

"Be careful with my baby Ricky or your dead." that was kind of our inside joke since our dads worked together here at Giomatti Industry. That was kind of a cover up name, so people wouldn't suspect what our business was... Killing people. If you haven't guessed yet then I should probably clarify a few things. I was born into this family as the daughter of one of the most well known killers or other wise known Mafiosos, leader of a mafia. Ricky's dad worked for my dad, so Ricky's dad got him work here as a vallet.

"Don't worry Mel," he smiled getting into the driver's seat. "I got this," he assured with his best George Lopez impersonation. I rolled my eyes, but he couldn't tell since I was wearing my aviators.

I liked coming to my dad's work it gave me a chance to show off my style. I loved watchIng half the guys here drool over me knowing they couldn't get any of this or my dad would kill them. Today was kind of chilly, so I dressed casual and warm. I wore my favorite sweater dress. A brown dress that showed off my bare shoulders. It hugged my curves and stopped just about my knees. I paired it with my favorite brown knee high boots. I walked into the elevator and pushed 10 the highest floor.