Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Melanie's POV

I stood in the shower letting the hot water run down my body. I was still thinking about Dimitri's question. Why would he ask if I would be forced to go anyway? The thought of him asking first was sweet though. I smiled thinking about earlier. He had opened up and shown me his private place and even created a special place for me.

I turned off the shower slipping on my robe. I changed into my pjs and put on my slippers to avoid the cold. As I was brushing my hair the electricity went out. How strange. I remembered there was a flash light downstairs in the kitchen. I blindly found my door. I opened the door and noticed the fire place where I had been reading days ago was lit. I chose to go to the family room where the fireplace was. I sat on the soft carpet hugging my knees to my body. Where was Dimitri?

"Melanie," he greeted scaring the crap out of me.

I jumped startled.

"Do you always feel the need to scare me?" I questioned.

He smirked, "I guess I have that effect on you."

"Why did the power go out?"

"There's a blizzard outside," he explained.

"Sofie..." I said to myself, but apparently he had heard me.

"Don't worry she called earlier. She said she saw the news and wouldn't risk being caught in a blizzard, so she's staying with some relatives.

I felt relieved. I shivered unexpectedly having a tendency to do that frequently.

"Are you cold?"

I shook my head. I was in front of the fireplace for pete's sake.

"Sometimes I shiver for no reason,"

"That's weird,"

"Hey, I'm not the only weird one here Mr.Vampire," I gave him a look.

"You're right," he said with his hands behind his head as he plopped onto the sofa.

The fire was making me feel really hot. I decided to stand up instead, but I automatically felt the cold.

"The power went out. Does that mean heater's off?" I didn't mean to think out loud.

"Well the heater does need electricity sweetheart,"

I blushed at the word sweetheart. He had never used an intimate word before. I hugged myself not wanting to feel the cold. I would've sat on the couch, but Dimitri was sprawled all over it.

"Come," he said motioned to the space in front of his chest, "lay down with me."

Was he crazy?! Well...the couch was pretty big. Instead of laying where he wanted me to, I sat by his feet.

"So we're gonna be stubborn?" he smiled devilishly. In a flash I was in his arms as he hugged me to his chest positioning us, so we were laying horizontally on the sofa.

I didn't bother to fight with him, so I lay there with my back against him. I could feel his breath on my neck.

"I can ask you some questions?" I asked.

"Sure, go ahead," he prompted.

"You said only Sofie and Elizabeth knew about your family being vampires. Does Drew know?"

"He does,"

"Then why does it bother you so much that he's in love with your sister. He loves her for who she is."