Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Melanie's POV 

I woke up groggy. What happened? I sat up feeling as I had a hangover. I rubbed my eyes and noticed who was laying in the couch asleep. Dimitri.  

I had to get out of this house. I don't know how the hell Bella did it, but I was definitely not sticking around. I silently put on my shoes not trying to make any noise.  

"Going somewhere?" a husky voice asked in my ear as my hand barely touched the door knob. I turned around and faced Dimitri. His voice had seemed so close but he was right next to the couch.  

"I'm just going downstairs," my voice was quiet and I didn't dare look him in the eyes.  

"I think we should talk."  

I couldn't help, but look up, "Now you wanna talk? Well now it's my turn to say no I don't want to listen to you." He took a step forward, and I don't know what I was thinking but I jumped on top of the bed.  

" Don't get any closer."  

"What happened to being Bella?"  

" Ha! I don't know how she did it, but I am not living in an a house full of vampires!"I sprang off the bed running towards the door.  

"You're not going anywhere!" he grabbed me from behind. I struggled in his grasp. 

"Let go of me!" I did what I could and kicked his where it hurts. Even though he was still a vampire I could tell it still hurt. I rushed out off the room, but he was on my heels. I was so glad Drew was walking by.  

"Drew!" he stopped as collided with him.  

"Woah there! What's going on?" I hid behind him as Dimitri approached us.  

"So now your hiding behind your lover?"  

"For the last time Dimitri, we're not lovers!" Drew yelled.  

"I thought you were my friend Drew!"  

"I am your friend! That's why we need to talk!"  

"Alright then. Let's talk, so what's this secret between you and Melanie?" 

"I'll tell you. It was about time you found out." he took a deep breath before declaring, "I'm in love with your sister." Dimitri was furious. Next thing I knew Drew was on the floor with a broken nose and blood everywhere.  

"Drew!" I hadn't noticed, but Annabelle had seen the whole thing. She knelt by his side. I ran to Elizabeth and Rafael's room. Elizabeth opened the door.  

"Melanie, what's wrong?" 

"Elizabeth come quick Dimitri punched Drew. His nose is bleeding." She quickly went into her professional mode and ran to Drew. I was going to follow, but a hand grabbed my arm.  

"Not so fast." It was Rafael. I pulled back my hand.

"What do you want Rafael?" I asked annoyed.

"Me and you are going to have a little talk," 

"Fine, what do you want to talk about?" He pushed me into his room and shut the door.

"I don't know who you think you are, but you are not going to humiliate my son!"

"Your son?! So you actually care about your family? I was starting to think you didn't care. You didn't even mourn the loss of your son." before I knew it the back of his hand had collided with my face. The impact of his slap caused me to land on the floor. My hand caressed my cheek where I assumed would be a giant mark. I stood up not daring to cry. I looked at him coldly.