Chapter 14

Whoo! Last day of school! So happy! That means a lot more time to write! :D

-Vanesa

P.S. pic is of Melanie's outfit, and sorry for the spelling errors!

Chapter 14

Dimitri's POV

I walked downstairs to the kitchen punching the kitchen walls. I was so pissed at myself! I shouldn't have done that! I had given into the temptation of her lips. I had promised Makayla I'd go slow, but at this rate I'd probably make love to her by tomorrow. I couldn't contain myself, she was so tempting. I had to control this feeling I had. Things would have to change.

I brought up her food, which consisted of chicken noodle soup and grilled cheese with some juice. I knocked on her door hearing a stoic, "Come in."

I opened the door to find Melanie reading a book in bed. She didn't bother to look up as I placed the bed tray in her lap. She sighed before thanking me. I stood there watching her.

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked seeing as she didn't move a muscle.

"I will," she responded, "did you need something?"

"No,I just want to make sure you're going to eat,"

"Don't worry I will. You can leave now," she harshly.

"Fine, but all that, " I signaled at the tray, "better be gone when I come back."

"Ok."

I left the room and returned 30 minutes later to find her asleep with the tray on her nightstand. Everything was gone as I had ordered. I watched her chest rise and fall in a calm manner. I was now at ease knowing that her eyes were not permanently sealed.

The next morning I showered and got ready to head back to the city. As long as I yearned to stay with Melanie I had to go back to work. We had an important meeting about one of our clients that would need to be taken care of, and I had to be present. I also needed time away from Melanie and all away from all these emotions that were building up. I informed Sofie of Melanie's condition relieving her of all the guilt she had been feeling lately. I decided to take Melanie's breakfast to her, and also to say goodbye. I knocked on the door before entering letting her now I was going in. She was standing by the window with her arms crossed looking at the trees covered in snow.

"I brought you your breakfast," I informed her.

"Thanks," she said with out turning around.

"I also came to tell you that I'm going back to the company. I need to go back to work."

"Ok," she paused then turned around looking at me," when are you coming back?"

I ran my hand through my hair before answering, "Probably Thursday at the earliest."

She nodded, "Well, good luck then."

I turned around to leave, but turned back to tell her, " Oh and by the way I hate having to do this, but I'm going to have to lock you in your room. I don't trust you roaming around the house. You might try to escape again, so Sofie will be bringing you whatever you need."

She gritted her teeth trying to hold back her anger.

"If you behave I might let you roam around the top floor, but not the bottom. Melanie please try and behave. Sofie almost died of grief when you escape." I pleaded in a softer tone. Her eyes glazed with guilt.

"Ok."

***

Melanie's POV

"Ok." That was the last thing I had told Dimitri on Sunday. Out of all the things I had wanted to yell at him. I had said ok. Nothing was ok. I was suffocating in the room. The walls seemed to get smaller each day. Hopefully, I'd be able to get out soon. It was Thursday and hopefully Dimitri came home. I much as I tried to hate him I couldn't. Part of me ached to hear his voice, see his devilishly handsome face, and feel his touch. I was starting to believe that I was falling in love.