Chapter 32

Melanie's POV

"Jake!" I screamed as I realized my water broke while I was trying to sleep.

He barged through the door turning on the lights.

"Is it time?!"

"Yes," I gasped as another contraction hit me "they're coming!"

"Ok, ok" he said frantically trying to calm himself more than he was trying to calm me, "let's get you into your robe and put your shoes on."

After doing that he carried me bridal style to the car speeding out of the estate while calling Dr.Long.

Isabella's POV

My cell phone rang as I had just closed my eyes. Damn that device!"

"What!?" I snapped.

"Miss Giomatti's going into labor Miss Isabella," said Dr. Simon through the receiver. "She's on her way now."

"Alright, I'll get there as soon as I can. Make sure my operation is in the room next to hers according to the plan."

"Yes miss."

I called Adrian to take me to the hospital. Thankfully Dimitri wasn't home.

We arrived at the hospital with Dr. Simon waiting at the entrance with a wheelchair.

He performed the c-section while Dr.Long attended Melanie in the next room. Adrian made sure Jake was not allowed inside. After Dr. Simon removed the thing from inside me. I waited in pain for that whore to give birth. Hours later I was in my room still waiting. As I was dosing off the door to my room opened revealing Adrian holding one of Melanie's babies. It was wrapped in a blue blanket with its head poking out with a dark patch of hair on its head. He handed it to me.

"The first one was a boy, and she just had a girl." Adrian said grimly placing the thing in my arms.

"Why so sad? Our plan was a success! Especially now that it'a a boy! That means he's the heir to the Giordano family fortune!"

"How do you expect me to be happy? I just took one of Melanie's babies when I'm supposed to be regaining her trust. This is the worst thing I could do to her." He said covering his face with his hands.

"Oh, shut up. You can still win her back. It's not like her baby died. She still has one. Now stop your blubbering and hand me my phone I need to call Dimitri."

Melanie's POV

I was taken to my room after hours of giving birth. I was in shock as I laid there confused. There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," I weakly said.

"Look who's here?" Jake said smiling bringing my baby girl to me. I sat up flinching in pain but eager to see my baby.

"My baby girl," I cooed as Jake placed her in my arms. She was born with a patch of silky brown hair weighing 5 lbs 3 oz. she was small but thankfully healthy. Her tiny finger grasped my pinky as she slept in my arms.

"What happened to my baby boy Jake?"

"Your baby boy? What are you talking about Mel? You only had the girl."

"That can't be. I clearly recall giving birth to a baby before my baby girl was born. I asked the doctor to let me see him, but he wouldn't let me as the baby girl was already coming out."

"I'll get Dr. Long."

He returned with Dr. Long in tow. He wore a serious expression.

"How are you doing Miss Giomatti?" He said standing at the foot of my bed.