Chapter 30

Melanie's POV

As I began to hold of my conscious I could hear voices arguing in a hushed tone. My left eye was to painful to even try and open therefore I could only open my right eye.

Jake and Dimitri were still arguing unaware of me being awake.

"Could you please stop arguing?" I said feeling a headache coming on.

Jake rushed to my side, "How are you feeling?"

"My eye really hurts, and I feel a headache coming on."

"You shouldn't have done what you did Mel," he said in a serious tone.

"He's right," Dimitri agreed, "you didn't have to interfere."

"I did otherwise someone would have ended up severely injured."

"And now that someone is you."

"I'm fine as long as the baby's fine," I said soothing my belly that had begun kicking again. I grabbed Jake's hands and placed them on the spot where the baby was kicking.

"Wow," he said truly amazed at what he was feeling.

"Isn't it amazing?" I said as tears began forming. I was so hormonal, I had no control over my emotions.

Dimitri cleared his throat ruining the moment. Jake and I looked at each other knowing the irony in the situation.

"I'm believe I should be leaving. Melanie I'm truly sorry for what happened please send me the medical bill, and I'll take care of it."

"I don't need your money Dimitri, I just need you to leave and leave me alone."

"Alright, I hope you feel better," he said leaving me and Jake alone.

There was another knock on the door,"Come in," I said.

Elizabeth walked in with her kit.

"Have the guests left?"

"Don't worry they have. Alexa gave them the excuse that you had to rest for the baby."

"Thank goodness." I didn't want to have to deal with all those people.

"Your eye's going to take a while to heal. I'll give you some painkillers that will not hurt the baby. You'll need to apply ice around the area and no lie flat. Stay propped up against the pillows. We'll see how your eye does these next few days. Hopefully nothing serious."

"Hopefully. Will you be able to perform the check up here tomorrow? I don't want the paparazzi to get a load of this."

"Don't worry, I'll come by tomorrow. I'll have to sneak in my equipment."

"Of course, we have plenty of room here. We could use one of the spare rooms. I was thinking about having the baby here."

"Mel, I can take you to the best hospital. If it's about the money don't worry about it." Jake said.

"It's not about the money, Jake."

"I'll leave you two to talk." Elizabeth said giving me a hug before leaving.

"Thank you so much Elizabeth I'll see you tomorrow."

I was left explaining to Jake about Dimitri and my baby being vampires. He thought I was

crazy at first which took a lot of convincing.

"Is that why you got in between us?" He asked.

"Yes, I didn't want you to face the consequences of his strength."

"In the end you did and you shouldn't have! You're pregnant for heaven's sake Melanie!"