Chapter 5

Hey guys! New chapter! FYI there's some language, but I hope you like it! Also his mom's wedding dress pic is on the side.

Chapter 5

*Melanie's POV*

I drove home slower than usual trying to absorb all the places I passed. I would never see this place again most likely. One month.

I parked in the drive way and went to look for my brother. I knew I would find him in our indoor gym, so I quickly changed into some basketball shorts and a tank top. He was shooting some hoops when I got there, so I decided to run up behind him and jump on his back. He always knew it was me since I always surprised him from behind. He caught my legs just in time, so now it was more of a piggyback ride.

"Hey there birthday girl, what's up?"

"Nothing much just wanted to see if you wanted a rematch since I totally whooped your ass last night." He had let go of me, so we were now face to face.

"Bring it little sister," he challenged with his cocky attitude.

An hour later we were both on the floor trying to catch our breaths.

"I totally won," I panted.

"No you didn't. You were on the line that last shot."

"Was not!"

"Was too!"

"Was not!"

"Ok, ok fine you win only because it's your birthday," he said helping me up. I hugged him, and we stood like that for a while, "I'm going to miss this," I finally said.

"What are you talking about?" Oops! I let it slip out of my mouth!

"Nothing," I said walking away. The game had taken this whole matrimony thing off my mind, but it was back.

"Woah, woah, woah. It's something. If it was nothing you wouldn't be like this Mel," there was concern in his voice as he blocked my path.

"Really it's nothing, I guess it's just I'm getting older and things won't be like this anymore."

"Of course they will, things will always be--"

"-Gio they won't."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm getting married next month." Each word had gotten softer until it ended up being a whisper.

"What are you talking about? Dad would never let you get married this young." It was like he was trying to convince himself.

"It was his idea Gio," my arms were now crossed, " it's an arranged marriage. I have to marry Dimitri Giordano."

"That bastard?! You have to be joking?!"

"Why the hell wold I be joking?! I don't even know the guy!"

"Well I do, so I'm not going to let my sister marry a poor excuse of a guy! I'm going to talk to Dad." He had to storm out of the gym, by my words stopped him.

"Gio, there's nothing you can do. It's a done deal. If I don't marry him Giomatti Industry will be gone, and we'll be bankrupt."He hadn't even turned to look at me, and I didn't have to look at his expression to know what he was thinking. His fists were at his side shaking. This wasn't something he could me from like whenever we were younger. This was something BIG. He hated not being able to be a hero, and I loved him for trying. He walked away quickly, and I was left alone not knowing if I was panting from the game or from all the emotions built up in me. I needed somene to talk to, and I knew just who to go to...

Dimitri POV

I had been home barely an hour, and my room was already a disaster. Leonardo had emailed me Melanie's measurements, and I had many ideas, but I had to come up with the ideal dress. It had to be perfect. I decided to take a break. I went downstairs and walked into our living room looking for my dress design book on the bookshelf between the family albums. I took it down along with one of the family albums. I opened it to a random page and found my mom staring at me with her caramel eyes. It was her wedding picture. She had an elegant dress. It was the classic white, but had lace that surrounded her shoulders just showing them a bit. It hugged her body and flowed like a waterfall. As soon as I saw the picture a light bulb went off in my head. I ran (vampire speed) to my room and quickly started sketching ideas, wadding up the drawings I didn't like and started over until I finally created the perfect dress.