Chapter 23

Melanie's POV (cont'd).

"Melanie, I-I think that would probably be the best for both of us," he said to my back.

I felt the hairs rising on my exposed back. This was the moment I had been dreading. My heart breaking into a million tiny pieces. I closed my eyes letting tears escape as I reopened them again. I turned around to face him again.

"I actually thought for a moment you were going to stop me" I shook my head in disbelief continuing "I'm an idiot for actually thinking you loved me and you-it's fine I see how it is. I don't want anything from you Dimitri."

Anger had to started to rise inside me feeling betrayed by his feelings and believing he loved me. I removed my necklace, my earrings, and even my dress shoving them all into his arms. I was left in the black night gown that left nothing to the imagination. I had bought it for the occasion and had been wearing under my dress. It was going to be a surprise but not anymore. I left him gaping out on the balcony walking back into the bedroom. I picked up my robe attempting to put it on rapidly and leave his room, but in a flash his warm breath was on my neck, his hands on my upper arms pulling me against his body.

"Melanie," his voice caressed my neck making me shiver. "Don't leave me."

I bit my lip trying to resist the temptation of his voice. "Dimitri, it's too late. You made no attempt to stop me. How do you expect me to stay?"

"When you said you thought I loved you, you were wrong, because I do love you. It's just that when I see you with so many guys I don't know what to think. I get extremely jealous, and I know I shouldn't. I trust you I really do, I've just been doubting whether you love me."

I turned around to face him.

"Why would you doubt that?"

"Well you've never actually said the words."

I sighed stroking his cheek with my thumbs as I held his face, "Dimitri, do you really need me to say the words? I would've thought you had realized at this point how much I love you. You would've known earlier. I was going to confess my feelings the day you told me you loved me at the ball, but you took my silence the wrong way, and I didn't get to say anything." I dropped my hands from his face, "I was also going to confess today, but now-"

"Shh-" he said placing a finger against my lips "listen. It's my turn to apologize. I didn't mean it when I said I thought us seperating would be for the best. I wanted to see if you would really leave me, now here we are, and I'm not letting you go ever." His arms tightened around my waist.

I looked at the fiery expression in his eyes. I could see the truth, the passion, the love. They were all there. I placed my arms around his neck and said the words I'd been dying to say "I love you Dimitri." He didn't hesitate to claim my mouth in his passionate frenzy. I kissed him back with the same intensity. He laid me across the bed hovering over me. His fingers traced patterns down my body making me shiver "say it again," he whispered against my neck. "I love you," I whispered back. Soon my nightgown was no longer visible and neither was his shirt. I was in my bra and underwear and he was just in his pants. He kissed my neck never seeming to get enough, but once I felt his fangs against my skin he was off me in an instant sitting on the side of the bed with his head in his arms breathing heavily.

"Dimitri what's wrong?" I said placing my hands on his bare shoulders.

"I can't do it Melanie. I'm afraid I'll hurt you and turn you into a vampire. I don't want you to become what I am, always thinking about blood."

"Dimitri, look at me," he turned around to face me. I gently grabbed his face with my hands, "I trust you with all my heart. I know you would never hurt me." I looked at him with all sincerity. His fangs retracted. I kissed him softly and soon things were fiery again. All through the night we expressed our love, our bodies combining together into a passionate bliss I never knew existed. As we came back to earth we laid entwined in each other. Our heartbeats finally calmed down although I could hear Dimitri's beating loudly under my ear as I had my head on his chest. My eyes soon became droopy as I felt Dimitri kiss my forehead. The last thing I remember was hearing Dimitri say, "I love you."

Hey  guys! Sorry for the long wait! I know I promised you a new chapter a LONG time ago, and I'm truly sorry. I was out of the country for two weeks in the middle of nowhere with no internet signal or phone signal, so I couldn't upload or write or communicate. :/ Anyway, I'm also sorry for the short chapter. I hope you enjoy it though!

-Vanesa