Chapter 16

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, I've been thinking how I'm gonna write the next chapters. As always enjoy!

And sorry it's so short I just wanted to have something to post today, so I wouldn't keep y'all waiting.

-Vanesa

Chapter 16

Melanie's POV

As Drew and I entered the stables we immediately froze. Dimitri was standing a few feet away petting Annabelle's palomino.

"Dimitri," I breathed in. His hands were balled up in fists he was clearly furious. It took me a while to think of what this situation looked like, but he couldn't possibly think I slept with his best friend, could he? I took a step forward, but he ran out of the stables through the back exit door before I could say It's not what you think.

Drew took the bridle from my hand, "Go after him I'll take care of the horses."

I thanked him, grateful that he understood. I ran back to the house catching my breath as I entered the living room. Sofie was dusting book shelves when she noticed me trying to catch my breath.

"What's wrong dear?" she asked concerned.

"Have you seen Dimitri?" I asked.

"He rushed to his study. What happened?"

I ran up the stairs only to say, "I'll tell you later Sofie," over my shoulder.

I hurried to Dimitri's study thankful that he had locked the door. I barged right in knowing if I had knocked he wouldn't have let me in. The door slammed behind me, and Dimitri looked devastated. His elbows were propped up on his mahogany desk his head in his hands.

"Dimitri-"

He interrupted me before I could go any farther," Don't. Don't try and give me any explanations. I know exactly what happened."

"It's not what you think," I pleaded.

"Then what is it?" his voice was surprisingly calm as he got up and walked around his desk to stand before me crossing his arms.

"I know you probably think I slept with Drew, but that's not what happened at all. We went riding and we just talked. After heading back we stopped by the pond to give horses water, and I fell in the pond." Before I could finish the story he interrupted again.

"Do you really except me to believe that?" he asked amused.

"It's the truth!"

"Then tell me, what were you and Drew talking about?"

Uh oh... I found myself stuck between a rock and a hard place. This could not be happening. Should I tell him the truth?

"I can't tell you it's a promise I told Drew I would keep."

"Great! So now there's secrets between us too! Why don't I know?! I am Drew's best friend."

"He didn't want to tell you...yet."

"Melanie just get out I don't even want to see you right now." He didn't believe me. I had no choice but to leave his office. I closed the door and pressed my back to it. Tears were already threatening to come out. Annabelle happened to walk by right at that moment and noticed me.

"Melanie what's wrong?" she asked touching my arm. "Did you and Dimitri have a fight?"

"Your brother doesn't believe in me any more."

"What are you talking about? Here let's go to my room." We walked to her room across the hall. It was the typical girls room. Peach colored walls, white furnishings, and a bed covered with stuffed animals. I took one of the giant teddy bears hugging it for comfort.

"So tell me what exactly happened?"

"Your brother thinks I slept with Drew."

"You didn't right?" she looked desperate wanting to know. Was she jealous?

"Of course not! Do you really think I would do that?"

"No..I just wanted to make sure." I smiled a little. I could tell she cared about Drew. "Keep going, why does my brother think you slept with Drew?"

"I went riding with Drew, and when we where coming back we stopped at the pond. Long story short, I fell into the pond, pushed Drew into the pond, Drew let me borrow his shirt, we walked into the stables and your brother assumed I slept with Drew."

"Well my brother is going to listen to me." she angrily got up, but I grabbed her hand before she could go any further.

"Annabelle, there's no point. I already tried to talk to him, besides there are other things we argued about."

"Like what?"

"Well, Drew asked me to keep a secret, and Dimitri wanted to know."

"Can you tell me?" she asked sitting back down.

I shook my head. "If only it were that easy Annabelle. If I could tell anyone it would be you."

She sighed, "Well I hope you and my brother work this out."

"Me too."

By the time we finished talking it was time for dinner. I didn't bother to knock on Dimitri's office door. He was probably still furious. At the bottom of the stairs was Drew. He saw me and instantly started apologizing.

"Melanie I am so sorry. I didn't know riding would cause such a big scandal."

"It's fine, Drew. It wasn't your fault." I reassured. We walked into the dining room where the family was already seated. I sat down next to Dimitri not saying anything.

"Well if it isn't the two lovers," Rafael announced. Dimitri didn't say anything to defend me, so I just ignored my father-in-law.

All throughout dinner I would steal glances at Annabelle who was sitting across from me. She gave me sympathetic looks. Rafael and Dimitri were still talking about their business meeting from this morning. After the awkward dinner everyone left. I sat at the dinner table feeling empty and sad.

"Melanie dear, what are you doing still here?"

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I'm not wanted here."

"Oh don't be ridiculous. Dimitri wants you here."

"Really? Because it doesn't seem like it. I tried talking to him, but he won't listen."

"He'll come around you'll see. Just give him some time."

"I don't know Sofie. I really hope so."

After talking with Sofie I went up to my room not knowing what to do. Should I go talk to Dimitri again, or wait until he came for bed? I decided that waiting would be best, but after long hours of waiting I looked at the clock on the nightstand. 1:47 am. Where was he? He couldn't possibly still be in his office. I left our room looking for him. I stood in front of his office door like earlier and just barged in again, but what I saw was not like earlier. Isabella was sitting on his desk her arms around his neck. His arms were around her waist as they made out hungrily. Dimitri was kissing at her neck or at least that was what I thought he was doing until he noticed I was standing there. His mouth was covered in bllood, and his eyes were filled with blood lust. I had to get out of here. I back to our room as fast as I could locking the door then running into the bathroom also locking the door. I was afraid of what Dimitri would do to me. As soon as I had locked the bathroom door it began to rattle. I cowered into a corner by the bath tub my legs pulled up to my chest. My heart was beating like crazy. I didn't want to die. Dimitri burst through the door looking like a mad man. I couldn't help but start crying. He stood in front of me breathing in and out fast. HIs teeth were clenched together and through was blood dripping at the corner of his mouth. I only remember pleading.

"Please don't hurt me," before blacking out.