Chapter 8

Hey guys, so I decided to post early since someone made my day so much better and improved my writing mood so here it is! Hope you enjoy it! 

Chapter 8

Melanie's POV

I hadn't noticed, but someone had followed me. 

It was Carolina, she was from the Romano Family. 

"Oh!" I jumped, "I hadn't seen you there Carolina!" 

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have startled you like that," she apologized timidly. 

"It's fine," I assured checking my reflection again. A curl had fallen loose from my bun. I tried fixing it. 

"Here let me help you," she offered. 

"Thanks."

'' You know Melanie, it's not that bad being married."

"I've never thought of it as bad. It's just so soon," I explained.

"I was married at 15 remember?"

"I'm sorry I must sound so annoying complaining about my problems."

"It's fine," she said securing my curl with one of her bobby pins. She finished and leaned against the sink counter. "I didn't love Matteo. I was just like you. Marrying someone I didn't love, but I grew to love him."

"Wait...your's was arranged?"

"Just like yours," she confirmed. I blushed.

"How did you know?"

"I saw a beautiful girl that looked like me three years ago. 

"How'd you grow to love Matteo?"

"It took time, but I found that lying wasn't the answer. I tried to be a person I wasn't. I tried to be someone he could approve of, someone he could love. He eventually guessed and told me he could see through my facade and that he was in love with a liar, so we started from scratch but with the truth. And look what happened." She motioned resting her hands on her enormous belly.

"I almost forgot. Congratulations!" I hugged her. "What's it gonna be?"

"A boy," she smiled. 

"Carolina?" someone called from outside.

"It's Matteo," she said recognizing his voice. 

"We should probably head back," I suggested.

"We should," she agreed. We opened the door and found Matteo panicking, but relief swept his face.

"What's wrong?" Carolina asked her eyebrows knitting in confusion. 

"I was so worried. You disappeared, and I thought something had happened to you or the baby." 

"I'm fine," she assured him taking his face in her hands. I felt really awkward, so I decided to give them some privacy and head back to the party. 

Back in the pavilion everyone was dancing. Dimitri was dancing with Elena from the Marino Family. She was one of the sluttiest girls I knew. For some reason I felt something bubbling inside of me. Could it be anger? Jealousy? Of course not, I barely knew the guy. I told myself. I found Ricky leaning against a wall. I stolled towards him, and his eyes lit up when he saw me.

"Hey," I greeted.

"Mel you look hot," I laughed. He always knew how to cheer me up. 

"Thanks Ricky, you don't look too shabby yourself. Wanna dance?"