[two] nice to meet you

넌참 예쁜 사람 이었잖아you were an incredibly pretty person

넌참 예쁜 사람 이었잖아
you were an incredibly pretty person

jungkook walked into his first period classroom, and suddenly saw jake and his group of almost-as-cruel friends sitting at the front. a wave of complete panic shot through him. oh god, not today. he'd completely forgotten that he had this class with them. he thought about running back out and just sitting in the bathroom stall until this period passed, but it was too late. they'd already seen him, and so had mr. harvey, their english teacher.

"hey, good morning jungkook! how are you?" mr. harvey casually greeted him. he'd been living in america for a few years now, but the casual attitude that teachers and other adults had towards children still never failed to shock him.

"i..." jungkook looked over at jake and his friends to see that they were smirking at him already, eyeing him like a chunk of meat. "i'm fine, thank you." he looked at the floor, his words barely audible.

the boys in the front laughed maliciously at his accent, pulling on the outer corners of their eyelids to mimic his asian eyes and making stupid noises as they moved around in their seats. he wanted to crawl into a hole and die.

"great. now go find your seat, okay? there's a new seating chart on the projector," mr. harvey said before going back to his conversation with another student in his class about her grade on a certain assignment. jungkook was nearly certain that she had a high a in this class, along with all her other classes, but she was one of those perfectionist kids who obsessed over their grade if it was anything under a hundred.

jungkook nodded, avoiding talking for fear that the cruel boys would make fun of his accent again. he examined the projector for a moment until he found his new seat. he was in the very back, up against the window and behind— jake and his friends. of fucking course.

he walked forward slowly and carefully, hoping they wouldn't notice as they were immersed quietly in conversation. they whispered little things before looking at jungkook and laughing, and immediately he knew they were talking about him.

he looked at the floor, his cheeks turning red in humiliation before he braced himself. he pulled his backpack to the front of his body so it would fit and quickly walked down the aisle between the boys, as it was the only way to get to his seat.

they actually moved back in their seats, allowing him to pass. he thought he was home free, but then at the last minute he tripped over something and fell forward, his books and papers and everything spilling forward into the aisle. he must've forgotten to zip up his backpack when he put his sketch pad back in it.