[eight] please don't

이렇게 아픔 가슴이, 어떻게 쉽게 낫겠어?
how will my heart that hurts this much be healed so easily?
괜찮아 거라고, 거짓말을 ?
you say i'll get better; why would you lie?

jungkook was brought home that day he ran away by a police officer that his parents called. luckily, alice hadn't seen any of the incident, as it took place quite some time after she had to return home and he found himself in some random park swing in the late afternoon.

he had no idea how the idiotic officer hadn't seen the atrocious state their apartment was in, the broken beer bottles or smelled the lingering stench of stale weed.

needless to say, the horrors that he faced once his parents were done being sickeningly civil to the officer were not pretty, and left him with several new injuries. but ironically, as he concealed his limping as he walked in the school building from the bus ramp, a bruise was of his highest concern. because it was obviously sitting on his face, right below his eye, surrounded with little scrapes his father made by slamming his face full force into the drywall.

for once, it wasn't just jungkook's anxiety telling him that everyone was staring at him. because everyone really, really was. he felt their stares eating away at him, and he felt like he should've committed a heinous crime with all the whispers of him that passed through the halls and echoed in his head after leaving his peers' mouths.

he felt like a vulnerable, cornered animal, and out of instinct he scurried into the nearest bathroom, keeping a cautious eye on jake and his crew that stood in a circle near the entrance of the cafeteria to make sure they hadn't noticed him.

there were two other guys in here today, so he kept his head down and quickly entered the nearest stall, breathing an inaudible sigh of relief as he pressed his back against the stall door and tried to calm his frantically beating heart and struggling lungs. now was one of those times when he desperately needed a smoke.

he felt his legs start to give out and his vision start to blur as he felt nauseous. he quickly opened the toilet seat just as he started dry heaving. he hadn't eaten anything for a good four days, though, so nothing came up. his eyes pricked with tears that dropped into the clear water, and he felt like the sound was piercingly loud throughout the bathroom even though it was barely even audible.

fuck, he was a mess.

when his stomach finally calmed down, he still had the disgusting feeling of nausea, and he actually wished he'd had something to get rid of. his throat stung with the stomach acid that burned it as he dragged himself off the toilet and closet the lid before sitting on it and hugging his knees to his chest, squeezing his head between them to hopefully clear it of the awful buzzing sensation.

he'd just started to go back to normal when the first bell rang out shrilly, almost making him groan as it worsened his migraine. he waited for a minute or so before deciding to make the trip to first period, getting up and picking up his backpack from where he'd thrown it on the floor inside the stall.

normally, this would be one of the best times of the day for him, as he had a whole hour where he could just spend time sitting next to the pink-haired beauty that had become the center of his secret affection. but today, he was filled with a sense of dread and unbearable anxiety, knowing she would see him in such a state.