Chapter Four

I was relieved that it was time for lunch. The stares and the introductions were getting tiring. I had to stop myself from wanting to take this boy's book and slap him across the face with it cause he would not stop looking at me. Not only that, I had to stop thinking of wanting to take the book because if not careful enough I could make it happen. And I did not want to get suspended on my first day. 

I walked into the cafeteria, which looked more like a restaurant, than a normal high school lunchroom. I started to scan the room for Catilan and Adina, but couldn't see them anywhere. I made my way to an empty lunch table, not wanting to sit with anyone. The cafeteria was fairly loud like any normal one. Yet I could still feel the stares and the whispers directed towards me. I sighed, and decided to get on line. They were actually serving good food, not the dog food usually served at my old school. It was yellow rice with baked chicken, with a chocolate cake for dessert. I thanked the lady and grabbed an orange juice. I went back to the table where I was, and started to eat.

"Hey, is anyone sitting here?"

I looked up and it was a girl who had to be 19. I shook my head no, and continued eating. I looked up a bit, and saw she was whispering to some girl next to her. I raised my eyebrows, and was gonna ask her something, but decided against it. 

"Are you Kaiya?" 

I put my fork down, and swallowed my food. 

"Yeah I am."

She started to smile as if her crush just kissed her. I tried to prevent myself from making a weirded out face, but knew I wouldn't be able to. I started to sip from my orange juice, watching her friend smirk at me.

"So what's your names?"

"I'm Amanda. And this is Alondra. We're the Seniors of this grade ..."

Of fucking course. 

"And we look over the Freshmans of the school. If you have any questions or need any help, please be free to ask." 

I nodded. I looked around the lunchroom, hoping Catilan and Adina would hurry and find me already.

"Yeah thanks." I said nonchalantly.

"No problem Chosen One." Alondra said to me. I felt a wave of fake coming from her, as well as her little cheery friend. The way she emphasized Chosen One wasn't a way I liked. I gritted my teeth, deciding not to say anything to them. I see that there is always two upperclassman that think they're the shit in school. They had to be resident advisers, or RAs, in order to come up and ask for my name. Or they could just be like the Queen Bees of the school and automatically have the right to know everyone in the school. Either way, their vibe was a shitty one and one I did not like. 

I shrugged my shoulders not wanting my day to be full of bullshit. I threw out my stuff, and that's when I saw Catilan and Adina sitting with Alex and Jacob. I went back to the table I was to get my bag, and then walked over to them. 

"Hey Kaiya! Where were you?" Adina asked.

"I was sitting over there because I didn't see you guys. Thank God I did though." I said sitting down next to Alex. He rubbed my hand with his thumb, and I smiled.

"Someone tried messing with you?" Jacob asked getting defensive.

"What? No! Just some two seniors that seemed a bit suss to me." I said. I took a sip of Alex's orange juice, and wiped my mouth. "You guys know of Amanda and Alondra?"

Once I said their names, everyone's face immediately turned sour. Catilan rolled her eyes, and Adina did the same. Alex shook his head, and Jacob ... well he was smiling. 

"Those two think they're hot shit, just because they have almost all the available powers as an Ace. Of course they'll come to you because they're jealous that you're the Chosen One." Catilan said. 

"They introduce themselves to every Freshman, but I believe they're evil. I could just feel it." Adina followed. 

"Yeah some of that may be true, but you gotta admit they're pretty hot. Right, Alex?" Jacob asked. I looked at Alex who didn't say anything, but look around the lunchroom and act as if he didn't hear him. I rolled my eyes, and that's when the bell rang for the end of fifth period. I looked at my schedule and saw I had Art. I was happy that I had one of my favorite things to do and something to entertain me because I felt myself getting drowsy. I looked at my phone and saw it was 1:45. I had 15 minutes to prepare myself for it, but a nap was greatly needed. Getting used to ending school at 5 in the morning was gonna be something. 

"Babe where you going?" Alex came up next to me. I scoffed and went out the lunchroom, trying to find my way to the art room. I heard Alex chuckle a bit, making me turn around and glare at him. 

"Art room is across from the stairs."

I didn't say anything, and walked towards the stairs. I was too busy looking at my schedule, trying to memorize it, when I bumped into someone, making me drop my binder and schedule. I felt my face turn red, and I bent down to pick up my stuff. I mumbled sorry, and grabbed for my binder, when someone picked it up for me.

"No need to be sorry Kaiya. I wasn't paying attention."

My face turned ever more redder when I recognized the deep, attractive voice. I looked up, and I was met with Mr. Felix's dark brown eyes. I quickly got up, and fixed myself. He handed me my binder and put my schedule inside it. 

"T-Thanks. Sorry again." I quickly said.

"Again no need. I wasn't paying attention. You're not hurt are you?" He asked, rubbing my hand. I pulled it away, and put it inside my front pocket. I saw a small smile flash across his face, but I couldn't be sure.

"No, no I'm good. I'll be on my way." I looked around, and saw Alex was nowhere to be found. I nodded at Mr. Felix, and kept walking, feeling his stares. 

I saw the room 116, and went inside, taking a seat. The teacher wasn't at his or her desk, but there were some students inside. Some smiled at me, and I smiled back. I sat at the back of the classroom, and put my head down, waiting for the start of 6th period.

----

Vote. Comment. Follow. Share.

ig: xoiesha_