Chapter Six

Training was shit. 

Everyone was focused on me, and I was the center of attention. Anyone else would probably like it, but I hate it. It's enough I have some people, specifically two girls, jealous of my abilities and wanting to embarrass me. Now I have people looking at me like I'm some type of freak show. 

Drew kept on giving me glances that were not normal glances you would give to a student. I mean I have read plenty of books online that dealt with teacher and student romances. I thought it was pretty cool, pretty mysterious and hot, but it's NOTHING like the books. The student was already attracted to the teacher and it ended pretty well. Plus it was based on a COLLEGE STUDENT, so she or he was legal. I am NOT legal. I'm 15! That's pretty nasty.

When I heard Drew blow the whistle I was so relieved. Not only was I tired, I was annoyed, and I wanted to sleep until I couldn't sleep anymore. I went to the bleachers to grab my stuff and there was that boy with the curls right beside it. 

"Hey." He said to me. I flashed a smile, and took a chug from my water bottle before responding.

"Hey. I'm Kaiya. And you are?"

"Deandre." I nodded. I grabbed my bookbag and was walking back to the school, when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around and there was Deandre again.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later on or whenever you're available."

I was gonna answer when I saw Catilan and Adina waving at me. They gave me that "Oh okay I see you girl" look. I gave them the "It's nothing" look. I looked back at Deandre who was smiling. I saw some fangs which was absolutely hot. Like hot.

"I'm really tired, long day ya know. How about Saturday night? Well morning because like we end at around five. Well I mean ..." He patted my shoulder which absolutely made my heart race. Which shouldn't happen. Because Alex should be the one making my heart race ... Who I still haven't heard from. Not even a text.

"I get it ma. Just lemme know okay. Text me." His southern accent caught me off guard and I couldn't help but smile at it. He smiled back and jogged back to his crew.

"Wait but how do ... ?!" He left before I could even finish my sentence. I ran to Catilan and Adina and noticed I dropped a piece of paper. I picked it up and noticed it was Deandre's number. How the hell did he put it there? Vampire speed?

I shook my head, and kept it walking, ignoring the smirks I was getting from Catilan and Adina. No one said anything but all was pretty obvious. Deandre had an interest in me knowing very well I was taken by a boy who I had no idea where the hell he was.

"Hey have you guys seen Alex?"

"Last time I saw him was talking to Alondra."

I cringed at the thought, and felt immediate anger. Why was he talking with her? I knew he knew how I felt about her. I didn't like her. And she definitely didn't like me. Jealous? Ha don't even get me started. What's mine is MINE. Ain't no ifs, ands, or buts about it. And she knows he's mine. So the only thing she wants to do is get on my bad side.

I rubbed my temples, shit was making my head hurt. 

I saw other students going to their extracurricular activities. Debate, chorus, dance ... I really had to look into these activities. But I'll wait until I'm actually used to my new sleep schedule which was gonna take some time. 

We made it to our dorm and I ran up to my room to lay down on my bed. I was too tired to take off my clothes and I'll shower in the morning. Pretty sure if I was a vampire this whole schedule would be much easier. But let's be relieved I'm not an Ace and a vampire. I feel like it would be worse. Besides the fangs of course. 

Just as soon as I was about to fall out my phone started to ring. And groaned and picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Whoever this is please call at another time. I am trying to get some sleep."

"Damn baby already tired I see." My eyes widened hearing Alex's voice, but quickly closed again when I realized I was pissed off at him. Leaving me in the hallway alone wasn't cool.

"I'm not gonna repeat what I said. Good night, good morning, I don't care. You are the last person I wanna talk to." 

Before he even had a chance to speak, I hanged up and put my phone on mute. I set it on my dresser and fell asleep right afterwards.

Alex's P.O.V

I looked at my phone surprised. She said I was the last person she wanted to talk to? And then hanged up? What the hell did I do?! She was probably just tired but the feeling in my stomach made me think otherwise. It was probably because of the moment at lunch. I felt her stares at me, and it didn't help that I didn't answer because Kaiya was VERY insecure about herself. You would think that being the Chosen One would help her be confident but it only made her more self-conscious. I couldn't say anything because ... well because I did have to agree with Jacob. Those two weren't bad looking at all. But I had Kaiya and I love her. I wouldn't lose her over something like that. 

I was walking back to the dorm when I heard someone call me. I turned around and saw it was Alondra.

"Yeah wassup Alondra?"

"I was just reminding you that next week you have to meet up with Jeremiah for more of that special military training that you're doing."

I looked at her confused. I didn't remember Jeremiah telling me anything about another training session. He usually would tell me up front or send me a text.

"How do you know about this?" 

"He told me to tell you right before he left." 

I slowly nodded, while she just smiled at me. I thanked her and jogged back to my dorm. Kaiya was right. That girl did seem suspicious. But it was sudden. I've been at this school for three years, and she's been here for four. She never took up another interest in me ever since my first year which wasn't the best. 

"Dayton you in here?!" I asked while entering my dorm. I heard the sound of semi-automatic gun and screams so I knew he was playing GTA. He was too focused on the game, so I stood in front of the TV. He paused it while giving me a dirty look. 

"Yo you see me playing!"

"Did your dad tell you anything about me having another training session?"

He shook his head. "My dad doesn't talk to me about things like that. Why?"

"Just asking. Where's Jacob?" Dayton pointed upstairs and mouthed 'Amanda'. I shook my head. Why the hell would this boy be upstairs with her knowing damn well he had Aimee back home. If Kaiya found out ... I believe Aimee would take her ass all the way up here just to fight Amanda. I don't know how being she can't be on campus if she's not a vampire or an Ace. Well ...

"Dayton do you think it's possible Aimee might be a vampire?" This time he paused the game and thought about it. 

"I thought we were looking more into her. Her story about her parents are familiar to --"

"Yeah I know. That's why I'm asking."

He shrugged his shoulders and kept on playing. I didn't want to go upstairs and possibly hear Jacob making out with Amanda. I decided to sneak to the girl's dorm and check up on Kaiya. I closed my eyes and thought about Kaiya and being in her presence. I soon saw her laying down, softly snoring. When I opened my eyes, I was in her room. I laid down close to her, wrapping my arms around her waist pulling her closer to me. She stirred a little, but quickly started to snore again. Her scent smoothed me and soon enough I fell asleep too.

------

Omg Iesha updated? Why yes. Yes I did.

Okay now I know you have some things to say about Jacob's actions. And the fact Aimee might be a vampire. And why Alondra and Amanda keep popping up with their jealous selves.

So please comment before, angrily or happily. 

ig: xoiesha_