Chapter Twelve

"HE'S WITH WHO?!?!"

I don't know what the fuck was up with Jacob, but he needed to get his shit straight. Either that or Aimee was gonna set it straight for him, and it wouldn't be a pretty sight.

"Did y'all talk to him? That's your friend and you need to let him know what's up. Does he know Aimee is here?"

They nodded.

I shook my head, not believing what I was hearing. I took the IVs out my arm, despite the pain and the constant beeping coming from the monitor. Alex tried to come near me but I pushed him away. Dayton just stood there, surprised I knew how to use my telekinesis power already. Joke's on him, I was surprised as well. I got out the door, and Aimee was sitting down. I grabbed her by her arm, and held her hand. She looked at me, but I didn't say anything. I closed my eyes, and squeezed her hand tightly. I felt some wind, and even a bit nauseous. When I opened my eyes, we were in Deandre's room.

Alex would go straight to my room, and Dayton to his, so I had some time to spare before they figured out, I was here.

"Kaiya, how the hell did you do that?"

"Special powers. Now come on."

I went to kitchen, looking for some blood. I knew that's what I needed to cure my hunger. Plus Aimee must be getting into the pre-phases of becoming a vampire, and she probably have been hungry, but not sure for what.

"Aimee has anything changed about you? Hair gotten longer? Teeth any sharper? Hungrier?"

I looked in the fridge and saw what I needed, bright and red in a bag. I took it out, and poured some in two mugs. I looked at Aimee, and saw her pupils widened. She took a glance at the mug and then back at me.

"What is that?" She pointed at the mug. I ignored her question, and put the cup in front of her nose. She took one sniff, and her eyes widened more. Before she grabbed at it, I placed it on the counter behind me.

"Answer my question."

She sighed and sat down on the couch in the living room.

"Yeah I've been getting hungrier. I could eat two plates of food, but still something was missing. Wasn't candy, wasn't ice cream, it was something ... When Jacob called me yesterday, he told me to jump from my bedroom and to trust myself. I did it with no problem."

Hearing Jacob's name made me want to punch something, but I held my hand and my tongue. I had to talk to him before Amanda found out his girlfriend was here in the school.

"Here." I handed her the mug, which she took with ease. She chugged down the blood, leaving me shocked. I looked inside my mug, not believing that I was actually going to drink this. I closed my eyes, and took a sip, surprised by the sweetness of it, although it tasted like bitterness and iron not so long away. I chugged the rest down happy that my cravings were fulfilled.

"I see you girls made yourself comfortable."

I looked towards the stairs, and saw Deandre.

Shirtless.

I tried to say something, but my mouth was too dry. Surprised? Embarrassed? Both? I mean a sight like that should make my mouth water, not dry up. Aimee looked at me, looked at him, and then back at me. She smirked at me, and knew already what was on my mind.

"You think he's a cutie right?"

"Maybe I do. I meant ... wait ..."

"Aimee how the hell did you just communicate to me?!" She shrugged. I looked towards Deandre.

"Did you hear any of that?"

"All I know y'all were making faces at each other. Vampires aren't able to communicate through minds."

Well obviously Aimee was an exception. Was this one of the few or many powers her father had? Or was it because she had Ace blood in her? I mean Dayton didn't mention about her being half Ace, so I'm guessing the blood of a vampire dominates the blood of an Ace. I shook my head not wanting to decipher this. Maybe if this happened later on, I would've learning this in history already.

"Deandre I'm really sorry about taking some of your blood. I was hungry-"

"As usual." I shot Aimee a look.

"-And I needed to see if Aimee was already on her way to becoming a vampire."

He laughed. "It's cool, no worries. I have to talk to you about something though." He went upstairs, and I just stood there. Talk to me about what? Aimee said something under her breath, and then turned on the TV. I took a deep breath and went upstairs. There was a door slightly open, and there was Deandre.

"You have a dorm to yourself?"

"Nahh, the boys who are usually here are playing football. They got a early scholarship." I nodded and stood awkwardly at the door.

"Aight so the reason I needed to talk to you is about this shit about ya evil twin. They talk about her a lot in history class and apparently she's big shit to the Others. Her connection is with trees, like some Poison Ivy type shit."

"So I have a connection with the sun and she got a connection with trees. Trees need the sun to live, just like she needs me to live."

"Um ... Weird connection but yeah. There's something important I think you need to know that Florence told me. I don't know why she didn't tell you but she didn't answer me when I asked that."

"Okay what is it?"

"You already met your evil twin."

I stood quiet. I already met her? I mean I would expect her to look like me. There's really only one person who resembles me, but I was just told she wasn't my sister ... But my evil twin wasn't my sister either being that my mom didn't birth her ... Wait ...

"Deandre ... What's her name?"

Tears started forming in my eyes. It just couldn't be her. She was too pure, too nice. She loved everything, especially nature ... She loved nature ...

"Mayah."

----

Yeoooo guysss. This is getting so exciting and much better like I actually have something in mind.

The boy pictured is Giovanni Ellis AKA Deandre (used to be Trevor Jackson but he didn't really fit the description). His ig is @realgioe and he is so 😍😍😍