Chapter Eighteen

Aimee's P.O.V

All they did was stare at me.

I was sitting down on the couch watching some anime that was already on and the two girls just kept staring. I wanted to say something but decided against it. They were probably just wondering who I was.

Hell, I'm wondering who I am. Or what I am. Whichever fits. But I just wished they would stop staring at me. I still looked the same.

I wonder if she knows if her eyes are changing color by the minute. Shouldn't that hurt?

I mean it hurt with me. Maybe she can't feel pain.

My eyes widened. I looked towards them and their eyes widened too. I remembered that Kaiya's eyes changed color once she underwent that change thing two years ago, but they stood that one color: purple. Why in the hell was mine changing color every minute?

"Before you ask, yes I can hear what you're saying each other ... Do y'all know what's going on?"

"No clue." They both said. I sighed and just stood watching TV. One moment I'm in the shower, singing my heart out, next moment I'm jumping out my window and being told I'm a vampire in a three hour span.

Oh did I mention I'm the sister of Kaiya? The Chosen One? And to say I really thought high school was tough ... Wait. High school. I'll have to transfer.

Great. Just fucking great.

"So I'm a vampire right. How does that work? Do I also go through the change like everyone else? Or this happens over night?"

They didn't answer. I looked at them again and their jaws were dropped open. I couldn't help but laugh. These girls were just as clueless as me and here I am hoping something useful comes out their mouths. Plus I was feeling nervous as fuck, so what do I do? I laugh.

"Holy shit, you're Kaiya's sister?! We talk about you all the time in History. They keep foreseeing this end of the world type shit and--"

"Someone predicted this shit?! What the hell type of religious cult is this? Y'all have a God too?"

"Well not God. There's Florence, leader of the Aces. She's like the top dog. And she can transition from spiritual form to human form, so maybe she is our God."

These people were fucking lunatics.

How in the hell did this all start anyway? Aces and vampires? Are there werewolves now?

Plus, this whole thing has been predicted already. How the hell did no one know it would be me? If they predicted I would be a vampire, I'm pretty sure they predicted my name as well. It's only common sense.

"They don't predict the name. Well I mean I can only assume cause it's not like someone predicted this a few years ago. This is written down in books from thousands of years ago so the names used are more codename-ish."

They don't even know what their people do, what in the fuck. I shook my head and was gonna go out and get some fresh air when I saw Jacob smiling at me from the threshold of the door.

However I didn't find anything to smile about though.

"Babe, come on now don't give me that look. I know everything is kind of blurry right now, but it'll be fine. You want ice cream? I can sense your stress from here."

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm just ... Jacob. What's that on your neck?"

I thought I was the only one that noticed it, oof.

I acted like I didn't just hear that.

He started to laugh nervously and began scratching his neck.