Chapter 16: Double Birthday

*23rd April*

Lana's P.O.V

Today was Madi and Jack's 1st birthday. Currently everyone is on their break so Sean and I decided to celebrate the twins' birthday now. Both Sean and I still won't forget the day Emily was born, it was both a sad and happy day for us. Sad because Ari relapsed and good because now Ari has another younger sister. We still haven't told Jen or Colin either. "Time for cake, guys!" Sean yells as everyone hovers over the cake besides Aria. She has been very quiet ever since that day. After cutting the cake, I went over to Ari to give her a piece of the cake. "Are you hungry, baby girl?" I ask my daughter. She shakes her head no. She has completely closed off everyone including Jared. "Ari, please talk to me, I want to help you." I kindly ask her whilst sitting next to her in the corner of the room. All she does is curl into a tighter ball and turns her music up even louder. I could just hear her music, Believe in Me was playing. After a couple of minutes, I decided to leave her alone so I walked over to Jen and Colin. "Hey guys." I try my best to say in a happy tone.

"What's wrong, Lana?" Jen asks me.

"Can I talk to you two somewhere else please." With that Colin, Jen and I walk off to somewhere else to talk. We decided to talk in Mary Margaret's loft. Once everyone was comfortable, I started talking. "The day Emily was born, Sean picked Aria up from the hospital as you both know but what you don't know is why she wanted Sean to pick her up."

"Why?" Jennifer questions me

"The reason why she got picked up was because apparently you told her that you didn't care about her." I say pointing the sentence towards Colin. Before they could talk I continued. "Once Sean and Ari got home we let Aria have her privacy for 1 hour but we discovered that we made a bad choice because when we talked to her, both Sean and I discovered that she had relapsed and she had cuts all the way up both her arms." I sadly inform my friends.

"Is that why she has become a mute and not let anyone in?" Colin asks me. I just nod my head yes.

*SKIP DAY AND DRIVE HOME*

Aria was in her bedroom again whilst Sean and I were in the lounge room playing with our set of 1 year old twins. As we were playing around, Sean and I heard someone talk. "Aria?" I question. Nothing. We ignore it and get back to playing with our kids. "D-d-dad-ee." a girl's voice said. We heard it again and again. After a couple of times, we discovered that it was actually Madison trying to talk. "Good girl, Madi." Both of us hug Madi tight.