Chapter 18

"In New Jersey." She announced and all I could think of was two people.

Dad and Grayson.

I miss them both so much but I don't want to leave Kansas, it's my home. This is where I grew up, where I met my best friend. I'm not going anywhere!

"Don't even think about it! I'm not leaving!" I yell angrily.

"Christina what are you saying? I need this job and you know it."

"Mom!" I groan. "Can you actually find a job and keep it for once!?"

I can't believe what I just said.
Her eyes filled with tears and she rushed out of the room.
I run behind her.

"Mom I'm so sorry I didn't mean it. Oh my god Im sorry I know it wasn't your fault. I love so much mommy."
I hugged her.

"I know you do Christina and I love you more than anything in this world."
She wiped her tears.
"I just want what's best for you." She kissed my forehead.
There was silence.

"When are we leaving?"

"Monday. In two days."
Two days? Only? I sighed.

Then I remembered. "Mom it's the middle of the school year..I can't leave school. It's my senior year."

"Don't worry about that. A very good friend of mine knows the principal of your new school. They'll accept you in the middle of the year."

"Woah..you've already arranged it all."

I guess we're leaving in two days.

-after two days

The worst part was telling Abby.
"I'll miss you so much. Please don't forget me. Text me and call me whenever you can." She cried in my shoulder.

"How can I forget you?"
I place a strand of hair behind her ear.
"You're my fav blondie and I promise to come visit you when I have the chance."
I pulled away from the hug.

I opened the car door and got in slowly. I'm not really sure if I want to leave. Abby waved and started crying again.
"I'll miss you" I mouthed her.
The car pulled away. I turn to look at my neighborhood one last time before I leave. Memories started flooding back in. The first time I ride a bicycle was right here. I fell and I got injured. I still have the scar on my knee. Or that moment when Abby and I fell straight on the ground together while we were walking on the streets of my neighborhood. I chuckle remembering how stupid we probably looked. I don't even know how we fell, we were just goofing around as usual.We laughed about it all day.

This is where I first met Grayson..

-

*Grayson's POV*

Everything. Has. Changed.
My entire life is different now.

I don't even want to hear her name again. It hurts too much. She has probably forgotten me..I wouldn't blame her especially after what I did..

Why am I thinking about her..again?

I was walking past houses till I arrived at mine. There were people carrying furniture into the house right next to mine.

New neighbors? I guess..

*Christina's POV*

I walked in my new house. It's not very big although it has two floors.

"It's very nice mom." I was amazed by its cuteness(lol)

"Wait till you see your new room." She said opening boxes with fragile item.
"There is a surprise waiting for you in your room upstairs.." She added. Surprise? I like surprises. Sometimes. I run upstairs extremely excited.

Woah my room is amazing. I turned my head to the right and there was my surprise.
Tears started forming in my eyes. I head straight downstairs.

"What the fuck is a piano doing in my room!?" I yell.

"Don't you like it? I know it's small but I could only afford that." She remained calm.

"Mom don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I want it out of my room NOW!!"

She let out a sigh. "No Christina. Enough! You're grandfather would be so disappointed. Don't give up on your dream just like that!!" She raised her voice.

I groaned. "You'll never understand!"

It's different without my grandpa...
Everything is different now. I went back to my room. I cover the piano with a blanket so I won't have to look at it.

*Grayson's POV*

I opened the door with my keys.
"Mom I'm home." I yelled. Is she even here?

I went upstairs at my room. I opened my window and then I noticed the window right across mine is opened as well. It's extremely close to mine. Like seriously!! I haven't seen it opened in a really long time.
I looked through the window. There are many boxes in the room and many girly stuff, clothes like denim shorts and posters. There is also a small piano.

The door slams open and someone enters the room. I think it's a girl. I quickly hide behind the curtains before she sees me and think I am a creep for watching her.
What is she doing? Covering the piano?
I saw her punching the wall. I think she's crying. She seems hurt.
Will she ever turn around so I can see her face?

The way she moves is so familiar
It reminds me of Christina..

Forget her Grayson. Besides, that girl has short hair unlike Chris. She's also curvier..that makes her hot.

I shook off my thoughts when my mom entered my room.

"Grayson why don't you go invite our new neighbors for dinner tonight?" She said with a smirk.

"Why me? Tell Cameron to go."
Do I really have to go? I'm kinda shy..

"Because...you're the one who has to go."

"Fine."
I went downstairs.
I have a weird but so familiar feeling about this.