With This Trunk of Ammunition

A/N Just curious, what do you think about the chapters being-well, the song? I wasn't sure if it was too cheesy or what not, so let me know. Without further delay---- 

Even after that awkward day, I spent the most of my after-school life with Gerard and Frank. Gerard would come onto me, and Frank would tell him to back down. We learned a lot about each other in the weeks that followed and with Thanksgiving Vacation just around the corner, I was left wondering what I was going to do without ‘my boys,’ for a full two weeks.

“Beth?” Gerard asked, snapping his fingers in front of my face, awakening me from my day dream.

“Hmm?”

“What were you thinkin’ ‘bout?”

“Stuff.” I told him.

“Oh.”

And that’s how must of my conversations with Gee were. Frank was the only insight into some of Gee’s personal life, I guess they’d been friends since high school when Frank tackled the school mascot, or rather the guy in the school mascot uniform after he locked Gee into his locker all day, How sweet. Gee never commented on it, I could tell it was a touchy subject. But I was also used to him being a man of few words unless he was being all seductive, or sassy. So when he asked,

“What stuff,” you could imagine the heart palpitation that happened inside of my small chest.

“Gee, are you feeling alright?” Frank laughed from my kitchen where he was busying himself making dinner, (putting the Chinese takeout onto paper plates.)

“I’m fine, just wondered. Does that make me sooo awful?” Gee asked. I shook my head and I heard Frank laugh in the kitchen as he not-so-gracefully plopped three paper plates onto my coffee table, that was never actually used for coffee.

“Exthited fo’ vacathon?” I asked, stuffing my face with shrimp fried rice.

“Very lady like of you Beth, and yes. I am.” Frank answered matter-of-factly. I laughed a little, and took another bite before looking at Gerard for his answer.

“I-I don’t know. I don’t want to go back home.” He looked at the floor and I saw Frank shoot a worried glance at him. I took the moment to try and learn something from the ever quite-unless-he-was-seducing-or-flirting Gerard.

“I miss Mikey but,” he said before trailing off.

“You could stay here.” I offered. Frank began choking on his rice.

“Are you kidding!?”

“I’d love to stay.” Gee answered and smiled at me for about the third time since we’d met.

“ARE .WE. KIDDING!?” Frank yelled louder and I broke out into a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

-       -     -

We saw Frank off at 7:15 am five days later. He was excited about going home to see his family, despite the things he said they’d done to him as a child. I smiled as I turned back to head through the lobby of my apartment complex, but quickly realized Gee hadn’t budged.

I sighed, feeling as though I was looking after a two year old.

“Gee, let’s go up.” He shook his head.

“I forgot something in my dorm, gotta get it before they do the inspections.” He said in a hurry, knowing that they do inspections for drugs, alcohol and other illegal things while most people are gone for the holiday, also knowing they couldn’t check my apartment, which made me wonder what he could have stashed there. I went up to my apartment alone and started watching TV, but paying no attention.

The intercom came in static and I heard Maylan say bluntly,

“Gerard’s here, I’m sending him up.”

“Thanks.” And  a minute later there was a knock at my door and a Gerard carrying 2 large suitcases. I laughed, locking the door behind him.

“You do know you are only here for 2 weeks, correct?”

He shook his head and said, “I know Ms. Sarcasm.”

“Then?” I questioned, pointing back and forth between the two red suitcases.

“Don’t worry about it.” He shrugged. “Where am I sleeping?”

I pointed at the couch and leaned both suitcases against the side of it. He laid his full body on the couch and muttered a “Good night.”

“It’s like 7:30…like as in A.M.” I laughed and sat on his stomach, only to be shoved off a second later.

“I’m tired, ok?” He snapped. I raised my hands in defeat and backed away. 

I waited until 8 when I was sure he’d be fast asleep before sneaking over to the suitcases and carefully unzipping them. I felt my mouth drop open in shock before whispering,

“Why does Gee how so much alcohol?”