Until This, I Mean This, I Mean This

[Beth] 

Frank began slow, his voice shaky as he vividly recalled the details he so didn't want to call upon. 

"I was going to sell the drugs to this guy I meant today." Frank started. 

"I needed the money to buy something nice, for that girl I been telling you about, Jamia." He smiled then, and I knew he was thinking about the pretty girl he'd introduced me to in class, you know, when I was still attending college. Gerard shook his head, "

Frank you're a shrimp. That was a really dumb move." He laughed, but it was shallow and empty and full of regret and remorse. A nurse shuffled into the room and checked Frank's vitals and left with a nod of the head. 

"Man I know," Frank said, obviously becoming regretful as he ran a hand through his dark hair. 

"Anyway this guy, he had heroin and he said he didn't have cash. Just the heroin." He paused to look at us, Gee nodded in approvle, signalling Frank to continue. 

"So I ripped the bag from his hands and started walking away, I should have ran, I know. But I'm stupid, dumb." He said with a sad and heavy sigh. 

I find myself growing annoyed that he was talking down on himself like this. I wished I could've said something, but I stayed silent out of curiousity and not wanting the subject to the something else. I sat up out of Gerard's lap and held his hand, leaning my head onto his soft shoulder. He smelt of ciggarettes and coffee. 

"All of a sudden, he was on top of me, me facing up at him." He took a shaky breath and proceeded quickly before Gerard had the chance to comfort him, I felt Gee squeeze my hand a little, I squeezed back and smiled smally at him. 

"He took this needly from his pocket w-with the stuff and he just like stabbed me man, like 3 times before I felt the shit in my arms." He began shaking, and then he started laughed. It was like he was going mad, it scared me and I held Gerard's strong hand with both of mine and he looked at me nervously, 

"It's the Heroin he's coming down from, that's all." He said trying to comfort me, he sighed and got up, leaning his head into the hallway.

"Can we get a nurse in here? The Heroin in his system is crashing." Gerard told the nurse that had just checked his vitals 10 minutes ago. 

A lot can change in 10 minutes, I told myself.