And After All The Things we Put Each Other Through

A/N  Apologizing in advance for grammatical and spelling errors, I'll proofread later...maybe. ;) AS for the photo's over there I'm just saying I'm glad Gee got better___

*Approximately 5 days later*  

I sat uncomfortably in a loud night club, the smell of sweaty 20-something-year olds was nearly enough to make me gag. Gerard was next to me, ordering yet another round for us to share. I knew very well I needed to stop drinking, but Gerard has some weird affect over me that made me want to consume more.

We hadn’t stepped foot on the dance floor during our almost 2 hour visit, but I didn’t care. So many bodies, covered in sweat and dancing on each other was not for me. Gee slid me another shot and I readily accepted.  He smiled and the bartender whose name was Ryleigh smirked at him, and then to me.

“Someone’s getting lucky tonight.” Sge said suggestively. I looked at Gee with a disgusted look on his face, he just looked amused. Amused, and drunk. I shook my head sheepishly,

“No, no we aren’t together.” I promised Ryleigh, who was a late-twenty-something-year old and singe-mother-of-two toddler girls. She was nice enough, but the way she eyed all the men standing nearby told me otherwise. Gerard raised his hands,

“Hey, I’m not saying anything,” he dropped his hands and stared right at me, apparently having a revelation in his head, “although I do know it takes a lot less to get Beth over there," he stoped to point at me, "completely shit faced, than it does me.” He winked. I scoffed and pushed my empty shot glass towards Ryleigh.

“More?” She asked, obviously trying to help Gee out for some reason. Gerard shook his head,

“Not for her, but keep ‘em coming.” He said, pointing his right thumb at himself. I sighed, knowing I’d be carrying a drunken ass Gerard out of here tonight.

-       -     -

2 hours later I found myself in the restroom of the noisy night club, desperately trying to reach Frank over my cell phone, for Gerard had gone MIA around 15 minutes ago, and I was beginning to worry because he was ten times drunk (I could not figure out how to grammatically phrase this correctly,) than that night in my apartment. Finally, he picked up, sounding extremely annoyed.

“What.”

“I can’t find Gee.” I said, sighing deeply into the receiver. He mumbled a shit, and there was some muffled noise on the other end of the line.

“Beth I need you to listen to me closely, ok?” His voice changing from the previous-annoyed-at-a-1 am cell phone call.

“Ok.” I said weakly.

“Where are you?”

“Some night club near the campus, he just went…missing.” I said sadly, the worriedness in Frank’s voice not helping to calm my nerves.  He huffed loudly over the phone and said,

“Go outside, in the alley behind the club, keep me on the phone.” He sounded like he had just released an enormous secret.

“Why-why would he b-be back there?” I stuttered, scared out of my mind to go any where’s near a dark alley in Ohio at 1 am.

But I went, stepping over a few bums as I made my way, Frank whispering words of bullshit encouragements. When I turned the corner, I saw what I never wanted to see.

Gerard was handing someone some money, actually he was handing him a lot of money, judging by the wad of cash. The man was handing him a bag almost filled with different pills. I gasped, and ducked out of their sight behind the building.

“Hello?” A voice boomed, I assumed it was the man that gave Gee the pills.  I stayed silent, I heard Frank whisper that he was listening, and ready to call the cops if need be.

“I know you’re there you little twat, so come on out, or I’ll shoot you out.” The voice cackled then, sending shivers up my spine.

So I stepped out and took a deep breath, a gun was raised in my direction, and Gee’s eyes bugged out of his head. Clearly, not wanting to make any sudden movement, he stood stock still and told the man gently,

“Rick,” he paused to hiccup out of drunkenness, “she’s cool.” Then he started laughing like it was the funniest thing he’d ever heard and ended up on the ground.

“You know him?” The guy-Rick-said motioning to Gee with the gun and I managed to gulp out a yes. I could feel that I was a little tipsy, but nothing compared to Gerard.

“Well go one, get the fuck out of here. Take him.” Rick sneered, stepping back. I could feel him pointing the gun at me the whole way back to the front of the building. I located my keys in my back pocket, and soon after found my car parked on the opposite side of the street. I groaned, dragging a knocked out man across Main Street, lying him down in the back seat of the trunk. The bag of pills was hanging from his front pocket, I quickly snatched them and hid them in my own pocket, for the time being.