Going Places

"Get up you lazy arse!" Dan screamed.

I began cursing like a sailor at him, grabbing my other pillow and putting it over my head.

Dan walked towards my bed, "nope, not today. We're doing something productive today!" He called, grabbing the pillow that was over my head.

"No!" I called, trying to grab my other pillow.

Dan held the pillow up in the air, knowing I couldn't reach that high.

Why was I born small? Why?

I sighed, sitting back down and staring at Dan like I was about to kill him.

Dan just kept a smile on his face, before reaching for the window and opening the blinds.

I squealed, shoving my head in my pillow. "You dumb bastard, go home because I'm not moving."

"Oh really?" Dan asked.

I nodded, pulling the blankets over my head and rolling into a ball.

"Sorry," Dan said, grabbing my leg and beginning to pull me.

I wasn't having it, and being the 5 year old that I was, screaming seemed like the only way out.

But Dan kept pulling my leg until I was completely off my bed and on the ground.

I kicked Dan in the shin, causing him to let go and yelp in pain. I got up, grabbing my pillow and hitting him before hiding in the bathroom with my door locked.

"Get dressed and we're leaving," Dan called from the other side of the door.

I sighed, "what the hell are we even doing today?"

He stayed quiet, "I don't exactly know, but we're not staying inside."

I rolled my eyes, in the 16 years I've known Dan there was no way to avoid this situation. But I kinda should be glad he's making me get up since we all know I'd have my nose in my laptop all day. I took a quick shower, blow drying my hair and pulling it into a french braid before leaving my bathroom and heading to my room, a towel wrapped tightly around me.

"Dan how cold is it?" I asked, my hand on my door knob.

It took him a second to reply, "16!"

"Thanks!" I called before going in my room. I got dressed in skinny jeans and a sweater, though I was Canadian I did think 16 degrees Celsius was freezing. But don't ask me why because I can't answer that question myself.

Walking into the living room I caught the granola bar Dan threw at me, putting it into my purse since I wasn't too hungry.

"Jello's being nice," Dan commented, my colorful Calico sitting on his lap purring.

"Mhmm..." I said quietly, knowing he'd probably run off his lap any second. But I wanted to ruin it earlier. I wrinkled the cat food bag, Jello comes up running and meowing.

Dan looked at me, "you have to ruin everything don't you?"

I grinned, "yup!" I replied, using a small cup to scoop up food and placing it in his bowl.

"Where do you want to go?" Dan asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know, it was your idea to get out of the house."

"Yeah, yeah..." He said. "Coffee?"

"Yeah, sure."

~~~~

Dan and I walked over to the local coffee shop, having a seat and drinking our coffee and whatever little treat we got.

"Are you guys even preforming in London?" I wondered.