Laughter Lines

I stayed at my parents place for the next 2 days, I was really happy that I visited them. It was a much-needed thing, especially to just sit down and talk to mom.

When I was home my routine was always the same, work, barn, and work again. I occasionally went out with Ashleigh and a couple other friends. But I did make a new one.

Olivier and I had been hanging out, going to movies and coffee, and I was really enjoying his company.

Just like the rest of the week, Olivier and I had decided to have a movie night. We watched whatever cheesy movie was on, which was some dumb ass Christmas movie.

It was around 9 when Olivier had to leave, "You sure you want to walk home?" I asked him.

He nodded, "Yeah it's fine, I don't want to cause too much trouble."

I smiled, "It's never a trouble."

He smiled, and then he tried to kiss me.

I pushed him back, "I-I-" I stuttered.

He frowned, "you what?" He snapped, his happy mood suddenly turning bitter.

"I like you," I began, frowning a bit. "But we're 6 years apart and I don't think it'd be professional to date my trainer."

Olivier completely snapped at me, yelling at how much time he's put into my training and all he gets is 'this', whatever 'this' may be.

I glared at him, "Look, I don't know how long we've trained together, but that's no way to treat a fucking lady. Now, if want to get out of this without a scratch, I recommend you leave."

He was about to say something but I wasn't having any of it. I pushed Olivier out of my flat, locking the door behind me and heading off to my room.

Way to treat a lady, let alone one of your students.

~~~

I tried to avoid Olivier as much as possible, which was nearly impossible since I was at the barn 24/7 this past week.

Ashleigh had told me that Olivier was going around and being a fucking gossip girl, telling everyone how I was rude, but thank God no one believed the new guy.

All was going well until Olivier stopped by my place. He said he wanted to apologize, but my phone rang, "sorry." I said, grabbing my phone from my pocket.

I glanced at my phone, answering it when I saw Dan's contact pop up. "Give me like 2 seconds," I said, putting the phone away from my ear.

"Wow, even answering her phone when I'm trying to apologize." He snapped.

I glared at him, "Do you even fucking know what it's like to be friends with a band member? Who's touring 24/7? And if you don't pick up right away you won't even be able to talk to them for the next week?"

He murmured something under his breath but that was enough for me. "Get out," I said harshly, clenching my jaw.

"Fine, go find yourself another trainer then," He said, slamming the door behind him.

I stared at the door, feeling hot tears start to go down my cheeks.

"Mia?!" Dan called from my phone.

"Dan, I'm such an idiot." I said, letting out a choked sob as I brought my phone to my ear.

"Answer your Skype," Dan said, his voice panicked.

I frowned, "What? No, I'm a mess!" I said, wiping a tear off my cheek. I knew I couldn't get out of it, and on cue, my computer started ringing with the all too familiar tune of Skype.

I sighed, hanging up the phone and answering the Skype call. I couldn't look at him, I just buried my head in my knees and started crying.

"Hey, it's alright, you're fine," He said softly.

I glanced up at the computer seeing Dan curled up in his bunk on the tour bus. He looked like he just got kicked, his eyes filled with concern, his full attention on me.

"I ruined everything, Dan," I claimed, starting to cry more. God dammit, I'm such a mess.

"Stop it, you didn't mess anything up. You did what you had to." He said.

I ran my hand through my hair, starting to feel the effects of my anxiety kicking in. Oh, how I loved panic attacks.

Then he started singing, causing me to smile a bit when he started singing Laughter Lines. It was my favorite song off the album, it meant the most to me and I always ended up smiling like an idiot whenever it came on.

"Lie down Mia," Dan said between lyrics.

I listened to him, lying down on my couch and just listening to him sing. I felt a few tears slide down my cheeks though this time it was because I realized how much I missed him.

He kept singing and singing until I was fast asleep. I needed that so much.

~~~~

Don't you just love me? I just keep updating for you guys! I was actually quite happy with myself since I stayed up till midnight working on some chapter ideas with my friends. S/O to Lily <3 Also, so sorry for the short chapter, I usually write up to 1,000 words but this was cut down to about 880 or so.

- Lots of love, Vanina