New Years

I'm not one to usually go out to parties, especially clubs. I hated those places, one minute you're with friends and the next you're talking about some guy named Fred's life. Thankfully for New Year Kyle was having a house party, inviting just about all his friends, which I thankfully knew.

I hopped out of the shower when my phone rang, "hello?"

"Hey, do you think you'll be ready in like 10 minutes?" Dan asked on the other end.

I laughed, "I just got out of the shower."

"Well, I'll be at your place soon and we'll leave whenever you're ready."

I nodded, "sounds good! See you soon," I said before hanging up.

I got dressed in a little black dress, putting on Nike Pros as well. I was able to quickly dry my hair, quite happy that I went to redye my hair the other day, I curled my hair before putting on a necklace.

As I was getting ready I heard the door open, not questioning it since it was Dan. I grabbed my coat and purse, slipping into my heels before entering the living room.

"You look stunning," Dan commented, standing up from the couch as he looked me up and down.

I smiled, "Why thank you! You don't look to ba-"

He stared at me before realizing why I stopped mid sentence. "Yeah, I can't tie this," Dan said, taking his tie from around his neck.

I smiled, walking over and putting the tie under his collar. I was able to quickly tie it, becoming all too familiar with doing this for him.

"Now you look nice," I said, giving the tie one last pull before stepping back.

Dan grinned at me, not taking his eyes off me.

I grinned, standing on my tiptoes and placing a kiss on Dan's lips. "Let's go," I said, easily walking out to the car with my heels. I may not wear them often, but damn were they pretty easy for me to walk in.

~~~~

Turns out, I probably haven't had this much fun at a party before. Usually, I'd hover over by Dan or whoever I was with, chatting with females only since I didn't trust any guy (let alone drunk) there. But this time, it was very different, I talked with just about everyone, catching up with Janna and Chrisy, occasionally talking with the guys, etc.

We were one minute from midnight, everyone going by their boyfriends and girlfriends. I found myself next to Dan again, "Why do we always end up like this?"

He shrugged, "Because we're forever alone."

I laughed, "Well, I somehow managed to find you."

Dan grinned, putting an arm around my waist and bringing me closer to him.

And the countdown had begun, everyone chanting down from 5.

4, 3, 2, 1!

Happy New Year!

I hugged Dan tightly whenever everyone broke into cheers, "I hope you have another awesome year."

Dan smiled, "It's going to be pretty good with you." He said, giving me a New Years kiss, completely forgetting we were trying to keep this secret.

I couldn't help but smile a little when I heard Kyle give a catcall from across the room.

When I pulled back I grinned brightly, "How long have you been waiting to do this?"

He shrugged, "uh, 5 years now?" Dan said with a small laugh.

We stayed at the party until about 2 AM, until I had to drag drunk Dan home. The entire time I was pulling him, he kept mumbling about how much he loved me and so on. Of course, it made me laugh a bit, replying with a couple 'I know' and 'I love you too'.

Once at home, I had Dan lay down on the couch, giving him a glass of water so he wouldn't wake up with too bad of a hangover. Thankfully he didn't argue, taking the water and drinking it before finding interest in the dog.

I smiled, brushing his hair back before leaving him to fall asleep, Lizzy comfortably curled up next to him. I headed off to my room, Jello is following at my feet, I kicked off my heels, letting out a relieved sigh before changing and climbing into bed.

~~~

When I woke up, I found I was no longer alone. Dan was curled up at my side while Jello and Lizzy were at our feet. I rubbed my eyes, praising myself for not having more than 4 drinks last night since I didn't have a raging headache. Unlike the guy next to me.

I climbed out of bed, getting in the shower before brushing my teeth and pulling my hair in a messy bun. When I came out of the bathroom, Dan was sitting up, hands massaging his temples.

"I'm never drinking again," He grumbled, glancing up at me.

I smiled, "You've been saying that for the past 11 years."

"Just give me something, please."

I rolled my eyes, heading off to the kitchen, holding my towel tightly around me while I reached up and grabbed the Advil bottle. I gave Dan the bottle, who was now in the kitchen and was quietly sitting on the counter. I went back into my room, getting changed into proper clothes before my phone rang.

"I don't remember too much, but I do remember that you kissed Dan," Kyle said the second I answered the phone.

I grinned, "Yeah, we've been dating for the past week or so."

"And you didn't tell me!?" He called out.

"Because you'd spoil it all!" I replied back.

He scoffed, "Yeah right..."

"Do you need him for anything?" I asked, stepping out of my room.

"No, just happy New Year to you and Dan," Kyle said kindly.

I smiled, "You too Kyle."

After talking with Kyle for a bit more, we hung up, leaving me and Dan to watch whatever movie was on. We stayed lying on the couch all day, occasional groans coming from Dan about his headache or how bad the movie that we were watching was. Overall, the rest of the day wasn't too bad, spending it with the dog and cat and the even bigger dog who ended up falling asleep.

~~~~

Sorry for this shitty chapter... I kinda had no ideas and was a bit rushed since I haven't had time to write since school/homework. But do not fear! I'll have some stuff posted for this week!

- Lots of love, Vanina