Talk

I was procrastinating over work, jamming out to Bad Suns, Twenty One Pilots, and Panic! At The Disco. The entire day I was going between working and online shopping, and by online shopping, I mean putting stuff I want in my cart and laughing when I see the total cost. Ah, I love having an expensive taste sometimes.

I hardly noticed when someone stopped my music, causing me to look back when I finally did notice. "But I wanted to listen to Ode To Sleep..."

He frowns, glancing at my phone which was sitting next to my speaker. "You have a weird music taste..."

I raised an eyebrow, "And you don't?" I said with a smile.

Dan smiled, "Touché," he replied with, walking over to my desk and glancing over my shoulder.

I quickly closed the tab before he was able to see the subtotal, which was near £2,000. "So, what are we doing tonight?" I asked, smiling up at Dan.

He thought for a moment, "Have you seen Point Break? The original?" Dan asked.

I shook my head, "I've been meaning to watch it, but I told myself work was more important than a movie."

"Not this time, love," He said grabbing my hand and pulling me into my living room.

I sat down, letting Dan put the movie in the DVD player, skipping through all the old movie trailers that played before the actual movie.

"How come you haven't seen this wonderful movie?" Dan asked, sitting down next to me, taking advantage that he was now allowed to pull me as close as possible to him.

I shrugged, "I wanted to see it when I was like, 13, but my mom said no rated R movie was allowed for a 13-year-old." I said, probably making it more dramatic than it actually was.

He rolled his eyes, "Thought you were better than that... You do know I could've let you watch it at my house...?"

"Oh well, she would've found out sooner or later..." I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

After that movie was done, and after Dan and I had a conversation about the whole movie (which really wasn't needed), it was my turn to pick out a movie. I went to Netflix and type in Mr. Peabody and Sherman, causing Dan to laugh.

"You're kidding me, right?" He asked, looking over at me.

I grinned, "Nope. I've been wanting to watch it ever since it came out." I said, setting the remote down and leaning back into the couch.

Dan looked at me for a few more seconds before chuckling. "Was it because Pompeii was in the trailer?"

"Abso-fucking-lutely," I said with a laugh.

He laughed before he stopped arguing with me, watching the movie without another complaint. As the movie went on, we were joined by Lizzy and Jello, my dog curling in my lap while Jello finally took a liking to Dan.

I was about to fall asleep when the movie was done, that was before the last song played. "Oh my God, it's Grizfolk!" I screamed, shooting up.

"Oh shit, it is!" Dan called, looking at the TV with a smile.

"Well, least they're noticing underrated bands..." I said, glancing at Dan with a small smile.

He grinned, "That's always nice... Now, what time is it?" Dan asked, quickly changing the subject.

I clicked my phone open, "12:30."

"Sleep or another movie?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Sleep sounds nice," I said, laying down on the couch. Dan soon followed me, hugging me and snuggling his head in the crook of my neck.