Lies

At around noon I had sent Dan off to do some errands since I really didn't want to carry my crippled ass around. This also allowed me to call Ashleigh over so I could get her opinion on what I should do, or at this point say.

After about five minutes of Dan being gone, I gave Ashleigh a call and told her to come over quickly and she really hustled. Ashleigh rushed into our flat as quickly as possible rambling about how she thought I was hurt, which she wasn't completely wrong since it was the first time she saw me with my cast.

"What's going on?" She asked, taking a seat across from me at the kitchen table.

I explained what had happened in full detail to her, also adding that I didn't really protest when Dan kissed me. "I talked to Kyle this morning to ask him if he knew something, and he told me Dan's here because he wanted to see if he still had feelings for me."

Ashleigh chuckled a bit, "Well damn, the boys on a mission," she said, which caused me to giggle a bit. "Are you going to talk to him then?"

I shrugged, "Kyle told me since we all know he'll listen, but I have no idea how to mention it!" I called, getting a bit frustrated. "I'm not just going to be like, 'hey, so about the time we had a low-key made out?'"

She sighed, "Well, yeah, obviously not like that," She said before falling silent with trying to think of something before she chimed in, "Tell him that you're thinking about moving back to London."

I immediately thought she was crazy, my eyebrows drawing together before I spoke, "Ashleigh, I am not, and I repeat, am NOT going to lie to him!"

"Okay, look, you can just mention the idea of it or I can tell him and you guys can talk. The main reason why you guys broke up was because of the distance. If he's wanting to date you now that you're in Toronto, he'll actually articulate his feelings if he thinks you're moving to London," Ashleigh explained.

I didn't want to admit it, but she did have some sort of a point. Of course, I'd tell him that I wasn't going to move, because I'm not, and probably won't ever, "Fine. I'll give it a try."

Ashleigh smiled, "Sweet, do you want to break the news?" She asked still smiling from ear to ear.

I shook my head, suddenly getting an idea, "No, you're going to 'bump into him' and mention it to him. And you're going now, I'll call him and tell him to get me a cup of coffee or something from next door."

Ashleigh laughed a bit, telling me how she liked my ideas before waiting for me to call Dan and tell him to pick up a coffee. Dan didn't argue and said he'd be back home in about five minutes which sent Ashleigh out the door and left me giggling at her.

It wasn't long before Dan walked back in, carrying a few bags of the stuff I told him to pick up. As he set them down on the kitchen counter I gave him a thank you before he quickly mentioned that he ran into Ashleigh.

"Oh that's nice," I said with a small smile, "Did you talk to her?" I asked, trying to be as convincing as possible.

"It was more like she was talking to me," Dan said with a small laugh, "But she was telling me that you're thinking of moving back to London, is that right?"

I shrugged, "Maybe, I was thinking about it."

"Where are you going to work?" He asked, leaning against the counter and crossing his arms.

"My mom has a friend who opened a studio for interior design and she said I could work there," I said, quickly lying and making that whole idea up.

Dan frowned, causing me to get slightly anxious that he wasn't buying it, "And what about a flat?"

"Well, I was thinking I could stay at your place," I said, before quickly adding. "If that's okay with you."

He smiled, shifting a little in place, "That's fine, I'm just a bit surprised you're thinking of moving back. Hell, you just moved here!"

I laughed a bit, "Yeah, a little crazy..." I said, trailing off.

Dan walked over to me and sat down beside me before asking why, which I just replied,  "I dunno, maybe I want to be closer than 57 hundred kilometers?"

He gave me a small laugh before giving me a tight hug, "Yeah, that sounds nice." Dan said, before quickly adding, "Well if you do decide to move, you know where I live."

I grinned, hugging him back just as tight. I was a little surprised he didn't react the way I was expecting, and by that, I mean that he didn't mention anything from last night. But I wasn't one to push it, so I stayed pretty quiet for the rest of the day, Dan heads off to his room around ten which left me to my room and onto the balcony.

"Did it work?" Asked Ashleigh the second she answered the phone.

I sighed, "No, I told you, dammit," I complained, trying to think of something else I could do.

"Just talk to him then," She said, "He'll listen."

~~~~

Wow, sorry for so much dialogue... Hope you guys liked the chapter! I'll try and post again sometime this week :)

- Lots of love, Vanina