Chapter 10

All I'm saying is Void Newt.

(Third person POV)

Ben smirked and climbed out the window. He'd drugged Newt,it was what he'd take at parties sometimes,even though it certainly wasn't meant for that . For the victim it was nothing but pure mental pain. He knew exactly what it'd do to Newt's and Thomas' relationship. Break it apart like he wanted. 

(Newt POV)

My head felt like it was ticking,my brain felt like I was about to explode. I open the door and stumble out,I see Tommy. He was just Tommy. Nothing special,why was he here?

"Newt?" He stutters "Are you okay?" I push him heavily to the other side of the room. He gasps "Newt,stop. Baby you're scaring me."

"Oh,am I?" I smirk.

"Newt,we have to get out of here. This place is scaring me. Let's go come on!"
I shake my head and kiss him as hard as I can,pushing him down to the bed as I tie his wrists up against the headboard. I smile but glare at him,sucking on his neck for a few seconds then pulling away.  I walk into the bathroom and feel the urge to pick up a knife,no wonder where it had come from. I walk back to Tom who's eyes open wide as he begins to thrash about.

"Stay still love!" I hiss as I straddle him. The sweat pouring down my face as I hover the knife up above where his abdomen is. I part my lips and roll my head back,panting heavily from the pain that this was causing. What was happening to me? I smirk and turn back to Thomas. Pushing the knife closer.

"Please don't," he whispers. Locking his eyes on mine,some part of him didn't even seem scared at all. I had to change that "Newt,please,stop."

I just look down simply and tap my hands along the edge as I push it in a few inches. My victim gasps and cries out,I just smirk. Something inside of me didn't care for him. At all.

"Shh,Tommy," I purr into his ear "It's okay," I begin to laugh as I twist it slightly. He squeezes his eyes shut and grips onto me.
"This isn't you!" He groans out.
"Does it hurt?" I laugh as he cries heavily "I love it. I love it. We're causing harm. It's what I promised," the voices sweep over me as something injects into me. I gasp as some sort of stimulus of sanity bursts through me. Again I collapse to the ground as the imagine of me shoving a knife into his stomach fills me.

(Thomas POV)

Minho stands there,eyes open wide as he drops the needle.

"We gotta go!" He yells as he scoops me up. I yelp out in pain as Teresa and Brenda run in and start to fix the wound "It's okay,it's not that deep."

"That.. That wasn't Newt!" I cry.
"I know it wasn't," Minho mutters "Ben sure does keep his promises."

"It's called a Flare-drug," Brenda mutters as she looks up from her phone "It says here it's a deadly and expensive drug. Used to tourture and pollute the minds of others. They were used for dark science experiments and works centuries ago. Ben must've found them and gave it to Newt."

I nod rapidly and pant,the pain starting to hurt less "When will Newt wake up?

"Two hours," Teresa whispers as he strokes his hair "He'll know he was drugged,but he'll know what he's done. And it's Newt,he'll never forgive himself."
"I have. It's not him. It was Ben,it's this place. We can't stay here another minute. Let's go."

Teresa and Brenda carry me to the car and sit me down,still caring to my wound. They're in the process of wrapping the bandage around when Minho carries the still unconscious Newt out and sits him beside me as he starts to drive us out. I watch Newt sleep,he was beautiful. His blonde hair across his face,lips pursed together. I kiss his cheek which is cold and stroke it.

"I love you.." I whisper as I watch him. 

~

We wait for hours until he wakes up. He flinches instantly and his eyes open wide as he sees me. The tears begin to instantly stream down his face.

"What did I do?" He cries.
"It's okay,"
"How can you say that Tommy? It's bloody not!"
"Newt,listen to me,"
"I could've killed you!" He grasps onto himself "I'm so sorry.."
"Shhh.." I pull him into my arms,rocking him gently "Newt,it's okay. I promise. Never again will you be like that,just relax. I'm here,you're okay."
"And you are too?"
"Of course,"

"Let's stop," Minho smiles as we pull up at a gas station,they walk out to get some blankets and warm drinks as me and Newt sit on the bonnet of the car. Looking out at the stars,I smile as I take his hand. I kiss him gently for a few seconds.

"Tonight was a blur," I whisper "But it's okay,we can work past anything me and you."

He nods slowly and keeps his head down,it's obvious he's so disgusted in himself.

"So long if no one else dies becuase of me," he sighs "I remeber everything I did Tommy," he motions to my wound "I remeber pushing that knife into you,I remeber twisting it."

"That wasn't you," I say calmly and truly.

"Yeah but I remember it. And the worst part is I remember liking it,because I felt powerful."

"You don't feel powerful normally?" I ask as I take his hand,holding it close as our fingers entwine.
"Of course not. I'll try to forget this,I'm not promising anything."
"It's okay baby,"

"Thomas can I talk to you?" Brenda calls as I walk over to her.
"What's up?" I ask.
"It's about the drug. I don't think it takes this little time to flood the entire thing out of the system."
"Would Newt know?"
She shrugs "He might. I don't recommend you tell him. I just need to see his blood,now."
"I'll find a way,"

I walk back to Newt and kiss him softly as I pull out a plain badge from my bag.

"Can you help?" I hand it to Newt who nods. He begins to fiddle as it reaches out and pinches the tip of his finger,he gasps as blood slowly pours out. It's blue, I gasp and quickly wipe it away as I run back to Brenda. It's stained on my hand which I show to her.

"What does this mean?" I demand.
"We need to get him to a hospital,now. Get in the car."

I hold my tears as I place Newt in,then myself as the rest to. Minho begins to drive as quick as he can as Newt just speaks out plainly-

"It's just the aftermath,you don't have to worry,"

The car suddenly stops,

"How do you know that?" Minho asks.
"I read about it last year in Biology,it's pretty simple."
"Of course you'd think that," I sigh and look at him.
"Drugs have been part of our culture since the middle of the last century. Popularised in the 1960s by music and mass media, they invade all aspects of society. The one I was given isn't what you think it is,I never understood it either. I think someone made it to evaluate responses,create reactions which are different for every participant in the drug."
"You hid everything you know from me," I whisper as I turn to Teresa. She smiles and takes my hand.

"I told mum and dad we all went on a field trip," she curls into my arms as I rock her  "When will we be home Tom?"
"Soon," I tell her even though I really had no clue. I look up at Minho who knows this too,his eyes lock on mine for a few seconds then look down.

"We need to say goodbye to Sonya," Brenda suddenly whispers "A funeral."
"We don't even have a coffin," Minho mumbles "Was she even dead?"
"Before we went the Doctors told us that there was barely any hope. No ones texted,I'm pretty sure," she sighs as Newt looks down,starting to cry.

"Come on guys," I say as the car door opens. My eyes widen as I expect it to be Ben,but Sonya just stands there. Her hair curled as she smiles,her beautiful appearance. A sea green jumpsuit with black shoes.

"What did I miss?" She winks as she hops in the car.

This chapter was quite shocking. I know. More or these events will be related back to in the next chapters to come. More tomorrow!