Chapter 26

So there's a song in this chapter,I wanted it on the media but it wouldn't come on Wattpad so it's (I know you care) and when I put it in the story,please read it because it's very good for the story and the lyrics are very powerful. Ty!
I saw Mockingjay an hour ago!!!

(Thomas POV)

Me and Newt planned it all. Day by day. We made a plan. 

On the fourth day I had to ask him something..

"What happened when you met Theo?" I ask him.

He pauses through a few moments,then gulps and looks down.
"Nothing,"
"You sure?"
"Yes. Of course Tommy,"

I nod as he goes back to work. But voices play around my head. I listen to them talk,I can hear Newt and Theo. I can see them kissing. "I like you,Theo. I like you a lot,"

It hurt so much if what I imagined was true,we belonged together me and him. Not him and Theo. I walk to the window and sigh.

"Please don't hurt him," I whisper "Me. But not him,"

(Minho POV)

I felt humiliated to go back to school. What was the point of it for me now?

My earphones were in and I had found a playlist full of meaningful songs online,no harm in listening to them. I curl up as the music plays-

"Clinging to me
Like a last breath you would breathe
You were like home to me
I don't recognize the street

Please don't close your eyes
Don't know where to look without them
Outside the cars speed by
I never heard them until now

I know you care
I know it is always been there
But there's trouble ahead, I can feel it
You are just saving yourself when you hide it

Yeah, I know you care
I see it in the way you stare
As if there was trouble ahead and you knew it
I'll be saving myself from the ruin
And I know you care

I used to run down the stairs
To the door and I thought you were there
Do you shape through the comfort of us
Two lovers loved out of love

Oh, but I know you care
I know it is always been there
But there's trouble ahead, I can feel it
You are just saving yourself when you hide it

Yeah, I know you care
I see it in the way you stare
As if there was trouble ahead and you knew it
I'll be saving myself from the ruin

And know it wasn't always wrong
But I've never known a winter so cold
Now I don't warm my hands in your coat
But I still hope

'Cause this is how things ought to have been
And I know the worst of it wasn't all that it seemed
Why can't I dream
Why can't I dream

'Cause I know you care
And I know you care
I know you care
I know you care
I know it's always been there"

"Fuck this," I mutter and throw the phone out of the window. Groaning as I lie back down. I go onto the pictures as I look at Brenda. I smile,for that moment I seemed to find hope again. I sigh and look down. 

"Please come back," I whisper as I look down.

(Thomas POV)

I walk through school as the words echo in my head.

"I like you,Theo,"

I gulp as someone taps me on my shoulder. Teresa.

"Hey Tom!" She smiles but I don't smile back "You okay?"
"Fine..."
"You don't sound it. Tell me what's wrong-"
"I can't just turn this on. I'm not like my friends,I just have voices in my head,"

"I like you,Theo,"

Teresa places her hand on my shoulder gently "It's okay Tom. Listen to me,I promised you. Remember?"
"Yes,"
"Exactly. Good,now I'm going."
"Where?"
"Somewhere. I'll be back,"

She kisses my cheek and walks away.

(Teresa POV)

Probably the worst thing of this all was seeing the ones I loved in pain. When they didn't deserve it. I remember when they were happy,when no one was dead,when they didn't have a worry. What had happened to us?

I walk up to Minho's room and sit there as I look into his eyes. I pull out a box from my bag as he opens it speechless. Inside there were some photos of Brenda I had found,some of her favourite albums she had left when with my brother,some bracelets and ideas for speeches she had wrote.

"I thought you'd like these," I smile.
He nods "Thanks Teresa,"
"It's okay. Are you...."
"Am I what?"
"Are you going to fight Theo with us?"
"Yes. But Teresa you shouldn't go,"
"I almost died in that car accident too,you know. I'm going,"  
"If you have to. But you'll stay safe?"
"Of course. Do you want me to go Minho?"
"It's your choice,"
"Call me if you need me,"

I squeeze his hand then walk out. Closing the door as the tears well up in my eyes,I bite my lip and fall down against the door,panting heavily as they fall down my cheeks. I wipe them away and shake my head. But my thoughts are interrupted by a text from Aris. I smile and text him back to meet him in our usual spot. There were these abandoned spots in the woods so I sat there and minutes later he came.

"Hey," he smiles.
"Hi," I whisper as I walk to him. Pressing my lips to his as we sit down.
"You okay Teresa?"
"I'm going to fight Theo with my brother and his friends. I know you won't. But I needed to tell you,"
"It's okay baby," he kisses my cheek and holds onto my hand "I know they'll protect you. Scream if you need me. You know I hear them,"
"I know,"

The truth was,if I wanted to die in anyone's arms,it would be Aris'. If I did die,something about it didn't scare me. Truth is that you must give everything to make your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination.

~

After a few hours of watching the clouds I walk back through the forest as I see a large grey broken building. Like a castle. I was shocked by it's mysterious beauty so I wandered closer.

"Enjoying the view?" A voice asks.

I turn round to see Theo.

"What are you doing?" I demand as he turns away so I keep talking "Why are you doing this? Look at me. Turn around and look at me!"

He does as I tell him and just looks into my eyes "Look at you Teresa. You look like an innocent flower with a serpent under it. You're a waste of space,just like your brother,"

I wipe my eyes and shake my head.
"This is all your fault," he hisses.
I scoff "You're looking for someone to blame and it's gonna be me? Well I am not the one turning teenagers into killers!"
"Shut up Teresa!"

He slaps me across the face as I run off. Crashing through the trees as the tears stream down my face,I fall down to my knees and clutch my chest as I cup my hand over my mouth.

What happens if Theo's right? I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I couldn't tell anyone I'd just seen him,who was there to trust?