Chapter 1

Hey guys! If this is my first book you've read than go read my other book first so you know what's going on right now in the story. Trust me if you read this without reading Fallen first you will be lost. If you have read Fallen than I hope you enjoy reading Distressed! Xoxo-Shelby

Ross's POV

I felt like I was losing my mind. Courtney wouldn't let us get the baby out and Rydel was her body guard. I tried multiple times to persuade her to let us get the baby out. It wasn't even a baby actually. It was a monster. I was falling apart. Nobody could ever hate me more than I hated myself. Nothing that Laura could do for revenge would ever make me feel worse than I already felt. I hit rock bottom. That monster inside Courtney was going to rip her to shreds and kill her if she didn't let us get it out. It was already stronger than she was and growing rapidly. It was my fault that my one true love was about to die. I heard arguing in the living room. It was about the baby. It was always about the baby. I went down there and found that it was Riker and Rydel who were arguing.

"Stay away from her!" Rydel shouted.

"What if I don't?" Riker asked.

"Can you guys please stop?" Courtney asked, "I already have a headache and you're making it worse."

I sat next to her and tried again to persuade her. I failed miserably as always. All I needed was for her to have just one second of doubt. I heard the phone ring and answered it. It was Courtney's father.

"Where's Courtney?" he asked.

I went into a different room just incase I started crying when I answered.

"She has a disease," I said, "she's dying."

I half lied. She didn't have a disease but she really was dying. I wished that the second part wasn't true. I wished that I was making the entire thing up instead of just a part of it.

"Can I see her?" he asked.

"She's being quarantined right now. I'm sorry."

"So that means I can't see her?"

"Yeah. I'm really sorry."

The line went dead. I was trying not to cry at the thought of losing Courtney. I hung up the phone and ran into the woods.