Chapter 14

Ross's POV

I bit the woman's neck and drank her blood. I ended up killing her because I was drinking so fast and didn't inject my venom. I dropped her when I was done. I was a monster. I was just like this when I first became a vampire and now I'm just like that again.

"Ugh! Again?!"

I wanted to scream. This couldn't be happening again. Everything was falling apart. First I get Courtney pregnant with a monster, then Laura returns, then I lose Courtney, now this. I hated myself with a burning passion.

I could feel the blood dripping off my chin. I remembered what happened the last time I was like this. I had killed over 100 people in many different US cities before Maia found me. I remembered leaving the bodies in random places like hotel room, dumpsters, even the streets. Even my idiot friends from when I was human were victimized. Only that was different.

I had kidnapped them and shown them what they caused. They screamed in horror at what I had become because of their carelessness. I didn't want a part of them in me so I just shot them and avoided the smell of blood. I had taken their bodies back to their houses and left them on their front porches and rang the doorbell before running away at vampire speed.

The memory sent a shudder through me. I felt like I was about to turn back into the monster I was back then. I walked away leaving the body there. I had to find Courtney. Even if that meant I had to kill more people and be the monster I used to be. I was already a monster. Might as well act like one.

I went into the city. I felt thirst really take over this time and it was impossible to ignore. Then it happened. I started killing people for their blood again.