Chapter 5

Ross's POV

I took a deep breath to calm myself down a little bit. I stood up and started walking home. My mind was racing. Thoughts of Courtney and Laura filled my head haunting me with guilt for what I did to each of them. Guilt for breaking Laura's heart and guilt for what was about to happen to Courtney.

I walked through the front door and went upstairs. I tried to think of a way to get the monster out of Courtney before it could hurt her. Then I decided to make a snap decision on it later so Rydel wouldn't see it coming.

Courtney's POV

I felt the baby nudge me. I rubbed my baby bump smiling. Then I felt something else. It felt like the baby was starting to claw its way out of me. I felt a sharp pain as the baby clawed harder.

Ross came downstairs and knelt down next to me. He studied my face for a second. A look of fear and guilt appeared on his face.

The baby clawed even harder. It started to tear me open a little. Now I knew why Ross was so worried. It was because the baby was about to kill me. The baby's claws ripped through my skin. I screamed in pain. Then suddenly the room went pitch black and I could no longer hear anything or anyone. I couldn't even feel the pain of the baby ripping me open anymore.