Chapter 18

Ross's POV

I stayed locked in my room without Courtney for months. I was thirsty. Extremely thirsty. I tried to keep myself under control but I couldn't. I broke my window and escaped the prison that was my room. I stopped myself as soon as I landed on the ground.

Don't do it! I thought, not again!

But I could smell the city from where I was standing. The sweet smell of flowers and sugar that came from the people filled the air. I lost all control again. I went back to the city and started killing even more people for their blood and left the bodies where I found them.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!!! I thought.

Then I found Courtney. She looked like she was protecting something...or someone. I could smell sugar. Yep it was a person. I hid and tried to gain control of myself again.

Don't lose it again, I thought, not in front of Courtney.

But unfortunately I did. The smell was too sweet. I couldn't resist. Not while I was THAT thirsty.

Courtney pinned me to the ground.

"Ross?!"

"Hey Courtney."

"You murdered all those people?!"

"I couldn't help it!"

She growled at me.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You should be! Are you murdering more people tonight?!"

"Yes," I said quietly, "I've been locked up for months. Please don't be mad at me. I love you."